Recent Topics

Ads

Error when logging in

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
playa95

Error when logging in

Post#1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:19 am

When I enter my username and password and hit connect, I get this error:

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\computer\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

I tried some of the fixes that were in sticky posts but neither is for this specific kind of error. Any help would be appreciated.

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Re: Error when logging in

Post#2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:26 am

Remove read only as stated in the sticky thread you read.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

playa95

Post#3 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:30 am

Thank you for the fast answer, i did that and have another error:

Data.myp:
System.Exception: You need to stop application currently using the following file: data.myp
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler.WriteFileToArchive(FileInArchive archFile, MemoryStream MS)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler.ReplaceFile(FileInArchive archFile, FileStream newFile)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

Elven
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm

If you used the torrent download, close the torrent application and move the game folder elsewhere. That should fix it.

Crakehall

Post#5 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:27 am

Data.Myp:
System.IO.FileNotFound.Exception:CantFindThefile(C\Lorebon\Desktop\Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml.
System.IO_Error.winIOerror(INT32errorcode

it runs the game but doesnt log in to server, i just see a black square, (ran it like 30 times)

Elven
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:45 am

Download this version of the launcher. Unpack it and put it in the game folder (replace any existing files). Then log in

Mjinor88

Post#7 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\ASSHOLE\Desktop\Warhammer Online\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

Ive looked and looked for a solution, and im not the best with computers, can someone please help me?

Elven
Former Staff

Post#8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:19 pm

Mjinor88 wrote:Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\ASSHOLE\Desktop\Warhammer Online\WAR.exe' is denied.

Ive looked and looked for a solution, and im not the best with computers, can someone please help me?
Heh... Nice account name.

Remove read only on the game folder.

Azarael wrote: Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.

If you used the torrent to download the game, the torrent application may still be using the files. Either copy the entire WAR folder to a new location (if you wish to continue supporting the torrent), or move the entire WAR folder to another location to break access to the torrent.

Ads
DarkAvengers

Post#9 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 am

hello

The game directory Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning is in read only mode.
right click on it >> properties >> unmark read-only mode for all file in directory

start the game

enjoy

lunaaravenheart

Post#10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:10 pm

The game would run then crash then when I try to log back on. I get this. Error starting: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Warhammer Online\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe'.
File name: 'C:\Warhammer Online\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe'
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Hash.GetMd5HashFromFile(String fileName)