Recent Topics

Ads

Application stops working upon clicking on it

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Galburp

Application stops working upon clicking on it

Post#1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:36 pm

So I have been looking for an answer to this question for over an hour and I failed to find anything that could satisfy my needs.
My problem lays in the following: When I press connect on the RoR launcher, everything works fine, the AoR starts up (in windowed mode mind you) and something starts loading, a window pops up asking if I either accept or decline my "recruitment" to Martyrs Square server, but when I try to press ACCEPT, or when I try to press on the game window at all, the application stops working.

Now the name of the application with the error is "OWClient.dll" according to the "application stopped working" window but I am not an expert on this and I have literaly no idea what it means.

I also tried to run the game in full screen but it caused the game crashing automatically.

I also have waited untill the things finish loading but it seems to get "stuck" on "locating battles"

tl;dr
When I press on the AoR window the game crashes and I have no idea what to do.

Help?

EDIT: I'm using WIndows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and I downloaded the client via torrent. I'm not sure if it matters or not but better safe than sorry. Redownloading everything didn't work either. Is there anything I can do? I just wanted to enjoy the game as I used to :/

Ads
Galburp

Re: Application stops working upon clicking on it

Post#2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Launching the game in compatibility with Windows XP did the trick. Close please.