Recent Topics

Ads

Cannot make it to character creation but game will open

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
andrewvogelgesang

Cannot make it to character creation but game will open

Post#1 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:16 pm

So I am able to open the return of reckoning client but when I click connect at the launcher to log in, I get an error message and am stuck on the main screen with no options to pick other than settings, cinematic, etc. The error message:
Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

I have seen a few threads on this forum recommending a different launcher posted by staff and going into CMD to change some settings there but never has worked with my issue at this juncture. The other launch is not even recognized by utorrent to be unzipped and CMD change has not done anything either. Even after changing the read only thing constantly reverts back to the previous option. I have turned off all of my firewalls. I am sorry if this has been answered 1 million times. I have been doing my best to troubleshoot the problem. Have a great day.

Ads
CruciformSWORD

Re: Cannot make it to character creation but game will open

Post#2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:13 am

I'm in the middle of my first time trying to install and play and I have the same issue. I get the above mentioned error, the game client still launches, and then there's no option to create a character on the main menu even though some of the rest of the UI is present and enabled (settings, cinematics, etc.)

Edit - just saw on another thread that this is solved on one of the stickied threads.

Stickied thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889

Steps to perform once you've clicked the link.
1) Use [control] + [f] to find 'Could not find file ...' with the quotes removed, it's the section you care about.
2) Download the launcher from the here link in the post.
3) Copy all the files over to your warhammer directory (including the mythloginserviceconfig file)

This solved it for me, when I originally downloaded the RoRLauncher I saw/copied the .exe over but the other files are needed.

Hope this helps!