Recent Topics

Ads

Where to extract DirectX 9.0

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
GhostGK

Where to extract DirectX 9.0

Post#1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm on window 10, so I need to install DX9..
Download the file from this link, provided in step 6 of download page -->
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109

I open the installer and it ask me where I want to extract the files.. Where do i extract them to?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Where to extract DirectX 9.0

Post#2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Anywhere?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Shalktonin

Post#3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:37 pm

c:\temp or c:\delme or c:\delete anyplace really it just temporary files that are needed for the installation.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

kmark101

Post#4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Make sure you copy the directx file to your Warhammer folder, game wouldn't launch for me until I copied the file directly into that folder. Also, even if you have a Windows 10 with 64bit, you need the 32bit directx9 file, the game kept black screening for me until I copied the 32bit version, it runs very smooth since then.

(this 2 things fixed all the game launch errors and black screens for me on windows 10 both on my pc and on my windows 10 bootcamp macbook pro)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

GhostGK

Post#5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:31 am

Ohh, I thought I was extracting the DX files themselves, not the installer. Cheers!
kmark101 wrote:Make sure you copy the directx file to your Warhammer folder, game wouldn't launch for me until I copied the file directly into that folder. Also, even if you have a Windows 10 with 64bit, you need the 32bit directx9 file, the game kept black screening for me until I copied the 32bit version, it runs very smooth since then.

(this 2 things fixed all the game launch errors and black screens for me on windows 10 both on my pc and on my windows 10 bootcamp macbook pro)
By that, do you mean the installer files I just extracted?

Collateral

Post#6 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:15 am

He means the installed folder you extracted. Personally I don't see how that would fix anything, but if it did, why not :S