Recent Topics

Ads

Read Only Keeps Getting Rechecked?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Krazeboi

Read Only Keeps Getting Rechecked?

Post#1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Howdy guys, I'm currently getting this error message when launching. The game loads but I have a blank character select/server selection screen and only have 4 options to pick from. I've set the RoR launcher to Run as Admin and also deselected Read Only. I do notice that the Read Only box keeps getting rechecked though for some reason, even though I clicked Apply and it says it goes through. Let me know. Thanks!

Error code is:

Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Read Only Keeps Getting Rechecked?

Post#2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:38 pm

kmark101

Re: Read Only Keeps Getting Rechecked?

Post#3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:17 am

I had the same issue, copying the directx9 file 32bit version to the main Warhammer online folder fixed it. Make sure you have the 32bit version of it, even if your Windows is 64bit (it did not work when I copied the 64bit version of directx, only with the 32bit one).
Gryyw - Ironbreaker