Recent Topics

Ads

Constant Disconnecting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Taith

Constant Disconnecting

Post#1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:43 pm

First let me start with this...

Computer Specs;
*4.00 GB Ram
*3.00 GHz CPU
*Windows 7 Ultimate
* 64bit Operating System

My internet speed (wireless) (Speedtest.net)
*48 MB/down , 22 MB/up , 27 ping

I have been back for a little under a week and I am starting to have disconnecting issues... Any one of my guild members can vouch that I disconnect way to much....

It seems to happen randomly, could be 2 minutes, could be 2 seconds upon logging in... Hell, there are times when I stay logged in for hours without one...

There is almost no possible way that it is on my side of the connection considering I also hooked up to a wired connection and continued having the same issue at a random cycle...

I've talked to a few people in-game.. They're having Disconnecting issues as well, apparently everyone though that the restart last night was going to help fix the disconnecting issues, but holy **** I hope they were wrong because it didn't do much...

Any help would be pretty nice... I got real close to not logging in today because of it... It is just getting on my nerves too much... (Note: this doesn't happen on ANY other game... Like, NONE.... WoW ( 3 diff servers ) , DAoC (4 diff Freeshard servers) .... I mean... I don't even have issues with TF2 lmao....)

-Taith

Kings die, but are never forgotten.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Constant Disconnecting

Post#2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Issue is in your config of the game. Check this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20075

Do all this and have fun.

Taith

Post#3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:49 am

@Hargrim - I regret to inform you after about an hour , 1/2 . My fellow guild leader and I went through every step in that topic and it showed the same results. I was in-game, having fun for about 8 minutes - 10 minutes and then another disconnect happened. I noticed that it only happened for Warhammer because on my laptop beside me I was logged in and actively chatting and fighting on a WoW Private server... Is there anything else you can suggest? Perhaps a full re-install would work? I haven't tried it yet, I feel that if it comes to that it'll take me a while before I start playing again. My work schedule has gotten tight this week and next week.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:31 am

Taith wrote:@Hargrim - I regret to inform you after about an hour , 1/2 . My fellow guild leader and I went through every step in that topic and it showed the same results. I was in-game, having fun for about 8 minutes - 10 minutes and then another disconnect happened. I noticed that it only happened for Warhammer because on my laptop beside me I was logged in and actively chatting and fighting on a WoW Private server... Is there anything else you can suggest? Perhaps a full re-install would work? I haven't tried it yet, I feel that if it comes to that it'll take me a while before I start playing again. My work schedule has gotten tight this week and next week.
Try to download whole game again. As you have 2 PCs available, does this also happen on your 2nd one, the one you run WoW on today?

Glorian

Post#5 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:35 am

At what occurence the disconects happen?

While in Warband?
While logging new Zone/Scenario?
While just running over altdorf Market Place?
While Questing?

Taith

Post#6 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:42 am

It's random @glorian

See.... I first noticed it on my 2nd day being back after a year... I was running around pulling 2-3 mobs just trying to get the feel of leveling again... I've only been back about 4 days now, and a total of over 30 crashes...

It happens in groups, solo, PQs, altdorf, zoning, scenarios.. I mean it is just extremely random...

finally tonight I was able to get about 3 hours of gameplay in saphery leveling 21-25 in a group with guildies. I am greatful it is not an issue atm... But eventually, it will come back.

Taith

Post#7 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 am

and @hargrim , I would test them on Warhammer at the same time, but multiboxing isn't permitted... If you'll give me a free pass just to test, I'd let you know if when my main computer goes down, if my laptop goes as well...

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:46 am

Taith wrote:and @hargrim , I would test them on Warhammer at the same time, but multiboxing isn't permitted... If you'll give me a free pass just to test, I'd let you know if when my main computer goes down, if my laptop goes as well...
I'm not saying you ahve to multibox - just run WAR on your laptop. You don't have to play on only 1 PC, you just can't have open more than 1 game at the same time. The PC you are using to play doesn't matter, as long as it's one at a time.

Ads
Taith

Post#9 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:48 am

Ah alright, I see what you mean... I'll try it tomorrow when I wake up... Hotfix going on atm I'm probably about to go to bed.. I wanna see what the hotfix is about first though. Thank you for the help and quick responses so far.. I'll give you an update on the laptops performance tomorrow.

-Taith

Taith

Post#10 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:45 pm

@Margrim

So, on my laptop I still disconnected within a minute of logging in ... I'm not sure what's going on anymore.