Recent Topics

Ads

Random crash to desktop

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Delenot

Random crash to desktop

Post#1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:04 pm

I know this has been brought up before, but has there been a solution found?

Over the last few days I have been experiencing multiple random game crashes. The frequency of this is increasing. The game simple closes/crashes/or whatever its doing. There is no error message given, either in or out of game. I do not receive the quitter buff if I'm in an SC, even though this removes me from the SC. I can log back into the server immediately with no issue. I have made NO changes to anything; my system, programming, or any AddOns I am using have remained the same. The only change I am seeing is now, seemingly randomly, the game is just...stopping. I'm at a loss for ideas. Any help would be great.

Additional info: When this occurs it appears to have an immediate in-game effect. Meaning: If I am fighting a mob, it looses agro and returns to its starting point. It does not continue to attack. I judge this because when I log back in, I'm in the exact stop I was upon 'crash' and I'm still alive. I will agro any mobs close enough to that point but the original ones, if out of range, are no longer attacking. Now, I'm not an IT guy...but I have been playing mmos for a long time. The mmo server will usually continue to respond to your last location if its something that happens client side because your not actually logged out for a time. Not in this case. It appears the server immediately responds as if your gone.

More info: Occurred several more times since last update. Added Battle Fatigue buff on 8 minute time this past time.

Even more info: Relog from crash to desktop, Quitter buff was applied. Was not currently queued or in an SC at time of crash.
Also, sometimes when exiting game timer will reach 0 seconds, game will freeze, and can only be exited through Task Manager. (Not certain if the two are a related issue)

11/11/17 Issue still persists.

Ads
Delenot

Re: Random crash to desktop

Post#2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Right, I can't be the only one with this on-going issue. Is there a way to determine what is causing this? For the longest time I had no issues of crashing what-so-ever, now this. Someone has to know how to figure out what is wrong and I'm hoping for suggestions.

New info: With the use of the new exe file I now get a 'Windows has found an error' message with the crash. But Windows is all tight lipped about just what is wrong.

Telperien

Post#3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Have you got installed Nerfed Buttons?
Slacking (checking out EvE)

katroulitsa

Post#4 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:26 pm

For me its usually some broken addon (you know it shows as yellow).
Inav
Semya

Acidic

Post#5 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am

Just try installing vanilla client without addons and try. If the problem goes away u know it’s more than likely it’s addons.
I needed to rebuild my addons from scratch as was getting lags and crashes even after following frame rate thread. Now game works well

Delenot

Post#6 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Telperien: I have not got installed Nerf Buttons.

Katroulitsa: While I do use several, I have not changed the AddOns that I use for a long time. This issue started well after any AddOn change.

Acidic: I have not tried your suggestion yet, but I will.

Delenot

Post#7 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:59 pm

I tried the suggestion from Acidic, and gave it a several days. No change. Its still seemingly random as to when it crashed. I'm at a loss.

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#8 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Its when you are in a Warband and someone "Books out (teleport)" into another area. That way many RvR warbands got rekt, due to people not leaving the party before they use their book of binding. Thats what I had been told ingame.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:35 pm

happens even when you are ungrouped.

Delenot

Post#10 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Yep. I'm not referring to the BoB issue.

Of late, (the past 3-ish weeks) upon exiting the game I get the windows error chime and the game freezes instead of closing. I have to end process it with Windows Task Master, if it does not freeze with a black screen. This also happens when logging to the character select screen...but not as often as with exit.