Recent Topics

Ads

New exe folder.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Rowanmantle

New exe folder.

Post#1 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:31 am

I've been having issues on my laptop which is a Gigabyte Sabre 17 and should be running the like a dream, it unfortunately crashes my entire system, i've deleted and re-installed twice, it works perfectly on my desktop but with 16GB of ram and Graphics card with 12GB it shouldn't be freezing the screen, where I can't even alt + F4 or crtl + del.

Now i cant even download the new Exe folder. It gives me this system error, even after i had to switch off my firewall just to get it to run?

Any idea what it could be, Help would be appreciated

Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: New exe folder.

Post#2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:58 am

Consider putting the file in game folder before running launcher...?

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:58 am

i think you have to REPLACE the WAR.exe in your game folder :). If you try to launch it just like this, ofc, it wont work.

Rowanmantle

Post#4 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Hargrim wrote:Consider putting the file in game folder before running launcher...?
I am a noob at such technicalities of game folders. I'll do as you say thank you for reply. :)
Last edited by Rowanmantle on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Rowanmantle

Post#5 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Yaliskah wrote:i think you have to REPLACE the WAR.exe in your game folder :). If you try to launch it just like this, ofc, it wont work.
I think I did thanks for the fast replies doing it now.
Noob mistake

Regards Rowan
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

BreezeKicker

Post#6 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:36 pm

Classic rowan.
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR

Reactor

Post#7 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:38 pm

I keep getting An Error Occured. Says SystemIOFileNotFound. I replace the original with new war.exe. I tried putting back the original and removing the new and still gives me SystemIOFileNotFound. Any help would be great.

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Reactor wrote:I keep getting An Error Occured. Says SystemIOFileNotFound. I replace the original with new war.exe. I tried putting back the original and removing the new and still gives me SystemIOFileNotFound. Any help would be great.
I'm not sure what you've done but try unchecking Read only from your game folder again.
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Ads
Reactor

Post#9 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:52 pm

I uncheck that read only box and still gives me the SystemIOFileNotFound. I downloaded the file from the link on patch notes. Made a copy of the original and put it in my documents folder. Unzipped the new war.exe file and put it in my WAR folder. That's when I get the systemIOfilenotfound error. I reversed and redid everything and still gives me that error message. any suggestions on this issue please?

Elven
Former Staff

Post#10 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:00 pm

File not found literally means what it says. It can't find the file, specifically, War.exe.

You need to put the RoR launcher inside the game folder and make sure War.exe is also inside that folder. Run RoR launcher and put your forum credentials in.