Recent Topics

Ads

getting data.myp access error after following all install guides

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Board

getting data.myp access error after following all install guides

Post#1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:53 am

Spoiler:
Data.myp:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()
I've installed everything correctly and i think i've logged on to the actual servers after 2 password changes. this error pops up after i press login the menu opens but there is no server list and no way to actually start playing the game.
this is the only error i've been getting and after combing the stickies and top threads nothing has helped. I couldn't rebuild the performance counters due to an error in CMD (might need to reinstall windows). But it doesn't look like the same error as the one i saw for performance counters but what do i know. I've tried everything i can think of including redownloading the torrent. Some help would be appreciated.

edit:clearer wording

update: Woke up today resolute in getting pass this error so i downloaded a fresh copy of the war torrent nothing changed. browsed the technical support forum to see if anyone has been getting an error similar to this and double checked the read only permissions after reading another post but I am still getting the same error. I'm at a total loss now.

update2: based on the error message I've combed the tech support forum for anyone else having this error. every other thread i've found with a similar issue has been some combination of read only settings, performance rebuilding, and running the launcher as admin. I've tried all of these and am still getting the same error message. I then tried both taking ownership of the programs folder and setting full control and also moving war out of the protected programs folder. I even downloaded unlocker to see if i could muscle pass the permissions. I've tried googling the issue but the only solved threads I can find on this specific error message are about permissions to modify server files remotely and nothing these threads suggest seem applicable to my predicament. PLEASE SEND HELP

Ads