Recent Topics

Ads

Connect button greyed out, servers red and yellow

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Skrull

Connect button greyed out, servers red and yellow

Post#1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:10 pm

So I downloaded the game, put the launcher into the game folder, running as admin but i can't click on connect.
I already tried the advice with the reset commands, but it didn't help.
The WAR-folder keeps beeing read only, but the files in it are not. Does the folder itself has to be changed, and if so, how do I achieve this if windows 10 wont let me as admin and owner of the folder? :D
I also noticed, that although I checked the "Unblock" box for the folder, the files in it all have those boxes for themselve.

Best Regards,
Skrull

Ads
Skrull

Re: Connect button greyed out, servers red and yellow

Post#2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Okay.. So I found out, it has something to do with my internet settings, or the settings of my internet provider, because trying to connect to the servers with an vodafone gigacube worked ablosutely fine for me. So either there is an setting I cant recall to be made, or the Launcher connects in a way, my provider cant support.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:10 pm

www.privateinternetaccess.com/VPN‎

Try a VPN on your normal connection. That's the one I use personally, but there are plenty out there. Alernatively, call your ISP and yell at them that you can't play your favorite game, then give them the IP and Port from the mythloginserviceconfig.xml file in your WAR folder. Make them fix it, and stop blocking random places on the internet.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Skrull

Post#4 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:16 pm

wargrimnir wrote:http://www.privateinternetaccess.com/VPN‎

Alernatively, call your ISP and yell at them that you can't play your favorite game, then give them the IP and Port from the mythloginserviceconfig.xml file in your WAR folder. Make them fix it, and stop blocking random places on the internet.
That would be funny, but i fear not very promissing. Living in a barrack/univerity with its own provider and all those settings were made to protect personal, research and development data from beeing stolen or altered. I have a tremendous down and upload due to this, but at some points it makes life a little difficult :D.

I'll try that VPN later on. Thanks for your helpfull answer!

Cheers,