Recent Topics

Ads

Black Screen

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
skeletot

Re: Black Screen

Post#11 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 am

I decided to bite the bullet and reset windows 10 for a fresh install due to some other issues. I started the game just now and it worked, unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what caused it so I can't offer any steps or insight for fixes in the future. Thanks for the replies though!

Ads
bregadan

Post#12 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 am

Elven wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:46 pm The error you posted looks like a network connection timeout between you and the server. Try deleting any user folders in your game client and see if that works.

If not, try replacing your launcher with this unpacked version: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... FCn4UIAQ77

May also want to look into adding both Ror.exe and War.exe to exception lists for the firewall and antivirus, if you use any.
Hi there Elven, the link is down, I'm having this exact same issue and I have already tried everything I could find in the forums. Any idea how to solve this? Could you please re upload the file?

Kaelang

Post#13 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 am

bregadan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 am
Elven wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:46 pm The error you posted looks like a network connection timeout between you and the server. Try deleting any user folders in your game client and see if that works.

If not, try replacing your launcher with this unpacked version: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... FCn4UIAQ77

May also want to look into adding both Ror.exe and War.exe to exception lists for the firewall and antivirus, if you use any.
Hi there Elven, the link is down, I'm having this exact same issue and I have already tried everything I could find in the forums. Any idea how to solve this? Could you please re upload the file?
This post is from way back in 2017 so it's likely the fix might not even be functional anymore.

Did you utilise this guide whilst installing? And follow each step? I didn't have any weird files in my download when using the torrent, nor have I heard any recent responses of those that did.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

bregadan

Post#14 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:08 am

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 am

This post is from way back in 2017 so it's likely the fix might not even be functional anymore.

Did you utilise this guide whilst installing? And follow each step? I didn't have any weird files in my download when using the torrent, nor have I heard any recent responses of those that did.
I already did what the guide says, twice, I re downloaded the torrent, direct x is installed, the folders are NOT read only, everything is running as administrator, the antivirus and firewall exceptions are made and the problem persists...

Kaelang

Post#15 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:01 pm

bregadan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:08 am

I already did what the guide says, twice, I re downloaded the torrent, direct x is installed, the folders are NOT read only, everything is running as administrator, the antivirus and firewall exceptions are made and the problem persists...
Have you updated your graphics drivers? I appreciate you have said you've followed the guide perfectly however these issues are normally due to a broken installation and/or graphics drivers.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

bregadan

Post#16 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:53 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:01 pm

Have you updated your graphics drivers? I appreciate you have said you've followed the guide perfectly however these issues are normally due to a broken installation and/or graphics drivers.
My drivers are fine, up to date, I've been playing doom 2016 latetly with no issues. I'm at a loss, to be honest.

Kaelang

Post#17 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:17 pm

bregadan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:53 pm

My drivers are fine, up to date, I've been playing doom 2016 latetly with no issues. I'm at a loss, to be honest.
Can you send a screenshot?

bregadan

Post#18 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:17 pm

It's an AMD R7 260x OC, driver version: 26.20. 15029.20013 / WIn 64 (it's faster and easier to write it down than uploading the image). The thing is everything is up to date, the possible trouble makers like enhanced syn or radeon chill are disabled. There is a global set of settings that do not interfeer at all with any program. I don't know man, maybe I'm cursed hahah. Thanks anyway for your time and help, I appreciate it a lot.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#19 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:27 pm

bregadan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:24 pm
It's an AMD R7 260x OC, driver version: 26.20. 15029.20013 / WIn 64 (it's faster and easier to write it down than uploading the image). The thing is everything is up to date, the possible trouble makers like enhanced syn or radeon chill are disabled. There is a global set of settings that do not interfeer at all with any program. I don't know man, maybe I'm cursed hahah. Thanks anyway for your time and help, I appreciate it a lot.
Sorry - I meant a screenshot of the crash / screen you see.

bregadan

Post#20 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:53 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:27 pm
bregadan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Sorry - I meant a screenshot of the crash / screen you see.
Oh, sorry, my bad. Tt's the exact same that OP put here, at the beggining of this thread, the exact same.