Recent Topics

Ads

Recover Password for game launcher

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Whitesands

Recover Password for game launcher

Post#1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:37 pm

Distinct from the forums access: is there a way to recover one's password for launching the game? Thanks
Magus: Daemonfire
Engi: Handcannon

Ads
Korge

Re: Recover Password for game launcher

Post#2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:41 pm

I have the same request please.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:05 pm

The launcher password should be the same as the launcher password, no?
Max Hayman

Whitesands

Post#4 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm

If I input the same forums username and password, the launcher works, but it is as if I am starting the game for the first time: none of my characters appear.
Magus: Daemonfire
Engi: Handcannon

MaxHayman
Management

Post#5 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Sent you a pm
Max Hayman

SchismBlacksoul85

Post#6 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Whitesands wrote:If I input the same forums username and password, the launcher works, but it is as if I am starting the game for the first time: none of my characters appear.
Even using the exact same username/password combo as the forums does nothing for me. Keeps giving me the red "Invalid Username/Password" text.

Ugh, if I'd known there was a risk of the launcher clearing my login info, I'd have added the username and password for RoR to my giganto hidden text file of login info I usually keep my stuff on. Serves me right, I guess. XP

MaxHayman
Management

Post#7 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:23 pm

SchismBlacksoul85 wrote:
Whitesands wrote:If I input the same forums username and password, the launcher works, but it is as if I am starting the game for the first time: none of my characters appear.
Even using the exact same username/password combo as the forums does nothing for me. Keeps giving me the red "Invalid Username/Password" text.

Ugh, if I'd known there was a risk of the launcher clearing my login info, I'd have added the username and password for RoR to my giganto hidden text file of login info I usually keep my stuff on. Serves me right, I guess. XP
Try changing the password in your forum profile.

ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=reg_details
Max Hayman

SchismBlacksoul85

Post#8 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:25 pm

MaxHayman wrote:
SchismBlacksoul85 wrote:

Try changing the password in your forum profile.

ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=reg_details
Like I said on another thread on the same topic, didn't work for me at all: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24960&p=281279#p281279

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:47 pm

You probably use other account to play than to post on forums. Contact a GM (I'd say wargrimnir) with some of your character names, he can probably give you the correct account name.

InvictusAD1978

Post#10 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:02 pm

For anyone else with the issue:

What fixed this for me was resetting my password twice - once with "I forgot password" then once via my forum profile. Hope this helps!