Recent Topics

Ads

Nothing happens when I run the launcher

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
PartTimeLegend

Nothing happens when I run the launcher

Post#1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:54 am

Hello all.

I've just discovered a few days ago that RoR exists, and I'm incredibly excited about it, as I loved WAR when it was live. I've downloaded it and tried running the launcher many times. However, I'm not having a lot of luck.

The very first time I ran the launcher, it updated and actually got me to a server screen, but it just sat there on the handshake for about ten minutes. I ended up end tasking it and rebooting. Ran the launcher again, and now it does nothing, just spins for a second and nothing else happens.

I've deleted the launcher and redownloaded it several times, both from the main site and from the unpacked. The first time I run it, it updates, then nothing else happens. Try running it again, just does the spin for a second and nothing else happens. Every time I redownload and replace the launcher, I get the same updater, then nothing.

I've verified 3.5 .NET Framework is enabled.

The launcher is in the correct directory.

I've make sure the entire folder does not have Read Only enabled.

There's no "unlock" option in properties.

It's been removed from my BitTorrent, and that's not running anyway.

I've downloaded d3dx9_34.dll from the link provide din the forum.

I've disabled my Sophos and Malwarebytes =.

I've successfully rebult the performance counters.

I've also done this...

1. click on start
2. type into the search-box cmd (before clicking enter press ctrl+shift) then also enter while holding them (runs cmd as admin)
3. the cmd window open up
4. type in:

netsh winsock reset catalog (resets winsock entries to install values)
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log (resets ipv4 to install values)
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log (reset ipv6 to install values)

I'm not sure what other things I can try. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :-)

Ads
Aedanar

Re: Nothing happens when I run the launcher

Post#2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 pm

I'm having the same problem. The game was working fine on this machine until a couple of nights ago when I had a DC. Since then, the launcher does the same.

The closest I got to running WAR was with the Launcher taking me to the updater. It got to 100% then closed. But the Launcher won't work at all now. I've read the logs and have done all of the above. Really am stuck on how to fix this now.

Aedanar

Post#3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Still having problems. The launcher itself will not run in the game folder, but if I try running it in a different folder to test what is going on, the launcher window will actually appear, but brings up this message:

Could not connect to Login server
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\aedan\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher (2)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher (2)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher (2)\data.myp'.
File name: 'C:\Users\aedan\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher (2)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher (2)\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher (2)\data.myp'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.SendCheck()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Connect()

I guess this is because it's not in the same folder as the actual game programme when I test at this point? Or is it something else?

Elven
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Sounds like an anti virus is preventing it from executing. Add an exception to the folder and it should work.

Aedanar

Post#5 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Got it working!!

Moved the entire game and directories out of Program Files (86) and into c:downloads, and run the lot from there. Not sure why this bug is occurring, but it runs now with this file location.

Aedanar

Post#6 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks Elven, yes I did try that. There was no reason that I could see why it was not getting through and allowing the game to run. Very strange. Thank you for stepping in to try to help anyway!

Elven
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Ah, classic. I know with Windows 10 (might also affect windows 8 too) where Windows won't allow admin privilege commands to execute.

I had a similar issue with another game when trying to patch a file within the C: programs directory. Only when I moved it to another drive, it allowed me to patch the file.

Classic Windows... -_-