Recent Topics

Ads

Properties Folder, read only uncheck does not save

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
gc72101

Properties Folder, read only uncheck does not save

Post#1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello,

I am receiving an error,

code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I did a tutorial on how to fix this error and no luck. This happens when I try and hit the connect button on the after inputting my username and password.

I just realized, when I try and uncheck the read only tab. It works but, as soon as I close it and look at the properties tab again. The check mark appears? I am admin on my computer. It basically is not saving event if I hit apply. The check mark appears again.

Anyone else get this issue?

Ads
szejoza

Re: Properties Folder, read only uncheck does not save

Post#2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:11 am

Let me guess, Windows 10? Had similair issue few months back (rechecking read only) and it somehow fixed itself with some of the W10 update
Spoiler:

Draugris

Post#3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:29 am

gc72101 wrote: I just realized, when I try and uncheck the read only tab. It works but, as soon as I close it and look at the properties tab again. The check mark appears? I am admin on my computer.
Where do you uncheck the read only property ? On a file or on a folder. If you do it on a folder the read only flag reappears automatically if you close and reopen the properties, this is by design of the windows explorer and is not an error. unchecking the read only flag on a folder gets only inherited on files.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

gc72101

Post#4 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 am

Maybe my error is not linked to this then? I still get the error d3dx9_34 was not found.