Recent Topics

Ads

black screen in game after login

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
hoverhand

black screen in game after login

Post#1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Did everything according to the guide, downloaded the game, directx, e.t.c., in game i can see user interface and all windows, but background is black and there is no graphics, cant create character tho i can press somewhere and it reacts. Any ideas?

Ads
hoverhand

Re: black screen in game after login

Post#2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:51 pm

kmark101

Post#3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Are you running Parallax or Bootcamp on Mac by any chance?

Anyway, what worked for me was I copied the 32bit directx file to the main directory of the game, besides the 64bit one (even though my Windows is 64bit). It sounds illogical I know, but this solved my exact same issue. (Discovered this by accident and I did not want to research into the why more due to lack of time, was just happy that it worked.)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

hoverhand

Post#4 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 am

kmark101 wrote: Anyway, what worked for me was I copied the 32bit directx file to the main directory of the game, besides the 64bit one (even though my Windows is 64bit). It sounds illogical I know, but this solved my exact same issue.
What is the file you are talking about? Where can i find it? I mean, "directx file" is too unobvious)

Creedish

Post#5 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:56 am

I had the same problem when trying to run with Parallels. I downloaded VMware Fusion instead and this runs fine. There seems to be something terrible unstable with the Parralels graphics driver (Fusion is much stronger and more stable in this regard in my rxperience). but remember to install the directx9 as described in the install notes.
For both Fusion and Parallels my experience was that it is important to not use a shared network connection, but use a bridged direct wifi instead.

Lich

Post#6 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:52 am

I'm having the same problem, entering login and password, push connect and it opens to a full black screen. It wasn't always like this, I'm a returning player.

kmark101

Post#7 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:12 am

Why don't you post the environment (Parallels, Bootcamp, Windows version, etc..)? How do you expect people to help without knowing your settings?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Lich

Post#8 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 pm

Windows 7

Ads
Lich

Post#9 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:47 am

So, has a solution been found for the black screen problem or any ideas for what could be causing the problem.

nibbles

Post#10 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 pm