Recent Topics

Ads

Game Client Not Responding From Launcher

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
chukno2415

Game Client Not Responding From Launcher

Post#1 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:29 pm

Hello All,

Just discovered this server a few days ago and I've been trying to get my client working ever since. I followed all the installation steps and read the stickies but I can't seem to figure it out

I open the launcher as administrator and I get two green boxes next to server and login. I hit connect and the game launches but in a windowed mode and it's a black screen, with no music or UI like some users report. The client quickly turns into "not responding" and my only option is to force close.

I've unchecked read-only on the Warhammer directory, although it seems to reset when I go back into the properties to check. This may just be a Windows 10 issue though.

I've tried installing a few types of directx 9c as per instructions. There are no error messages at all when run as administrator. At my wit's end here. Any suggestions ?

Ads
chukno2415

Re: Game Client Not Responding From Launcher

Post#2 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:41 pm

UPDATE.

I am able to run the game in compatibility mode set to Windows XP Service Pack 3. However, I can only run it in a small window which is not ideal. The game crashes as soon as I try to change the resolution. For reference here are my specs:

Windows 10
Core i5 6600K @ 4.5ghz
GTX 1070 Running at 1440P

chukno2415

Re: Game Client Not Responding From Launcher

Post#3 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:24 pm

FINAL UPDATE

For anyone with a similar issue, I was able to solve it by creating a new windows user with admin privileges. Game boots up normally in non-compatability mode first try. Still run the launcher as admin of course. Hope this helps someone else out who might be struggling. See you on the battlefield!