Recent Topics

Ads

Windows 7 Read-Only & No Character creation option

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Schwartzerteufel

Windows 7 Read-Only & No Character creation option

Post#1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:43 pm

Hello,

I attempted to try to find more recent information about these two situations but none of the solutions presented worked and links that others had provided for possible solutions no longer work.

Issue 1 is that the folder resorts back to Read-Only. Most of the solutions that people propose seem to only work for Windows 10. I am using Windows 7. I've tried rebuilding the performance counters as others in posts have suggested, and to no avail. Now when I try through the cmd prompt I actually get an "error 5" code. I have also tried Microsoft's suggestion provided here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... utes-of-fo

Also without success. To my knowledge this is also what prevents me from seeing a server to connect to or see the character creation button at the main screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Windows 7 Read-Only & No Character creation option

Post#2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:21 am

What exactly is the problem? :)

Schwartzerteufel

Post#3 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:09 am

When I get to the main screen of the game there is no server options/connect to options and no button to create a character. I've read in other posts from previous years that this is maybe related to having the "Read-Only" box checked off for the Warhammer Online folder from the download. I tried most the solutions I could find as noted in the OP. Other solutions were given in links that no longer work so I am sort of at a loss now.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:28 am

Did you download the game with our provided torrent?

Schwartzerteufel

Post#5 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:44 pm

I used the Mega client.

iagdtod

Post#6 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:16 pm

I had the same issue with permissions but on Windows 8.1 so it's not quite the same. If you didn't find the below thread it has various bits of advice. It got solved by a reinstall (not a full) but not sure how that will play with Windows 7.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19374
Deleuze Chosen