Error Downloading updater

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
dragoma

Error Downloading updater

Post#1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 pm

this is the problem i have. I have not been online for a while is that the problem or something else

Error Downloading updater:
System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRUpdater.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileAsync(Uri address, String fileName, Object userToken)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Error Downloading updater

Post#2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:40 pm

Where did you get this "RoRUpdater.exe"

That doesn't sound like something we host, unless for some really strange reason you changed the name of it.

Try here. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

dragoma

Post#3 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 pm

ye thats where i got it like 1 year ago havent played in a long time and when i pressed update that happend
https://imgur.com/1rK5YwN

dragoma

Post#4 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:50 pm

im just redownloading it and hopefully that solves it

dragoma

Post#5 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:43 am

it did not work now i got this one

Error Downloading updater:
System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRUpdater.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileAsync(Uri address, String fileName, Object userToken)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

dragoma

Post#6 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm

can some1 help?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 pm

dragoma wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm can some1 help?
Access to the path 'D:\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRUpdater.exe' is denied.
Lets find out whats blocking it. Its probably solved doing this: Right click the folder > properties > uncheck read only > apply to all files.
(this usually solves it, though ive not yet seen the updater being blocked.) If above doesnt work, you can also try to set the RoRlauncher/RoRUpdater/WAR.exe to be run as admin in the file properties.

Btw, please dont post in the same topic 5 times in a row on the same day...

dragoma

Post#8 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:57 pm

i got this now and the reason i posted 5 times was to update the progress of the problem or i could just post 1 post a day and it would take five days to figure the problem out if u want :) so it looks like its triggering my antivirus

The file D:\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRUpdater.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Strictor.161580. The virus has been successfully blocked and your PC is now safe. A reboot is required to complete the cleaning process.

Ads
santiaf14

Post#9 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:08 pm

saupreusse wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 pm
Access to the path 'D:\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRUpdater.exe' is denied.
Lets find out whats blocking it. Its probably solved doing this: Right click the folder > properties > uncheck read only > apply to all files.
(this usually solves it, though ive not yet seen the updater being blocked.) If above doesnt work, you can also try to set the RoRlauncher/RoRUpdater/WAR.exe to be run as admin in the file properties.

This works to me. Really good. Lets see the game. Thanks

Fox2405

Post#10 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:00 pm

saupreusse wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Danke, dass war es
thx