Multiple clients

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Catweazle

Multiple clients

Post#1 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Hello, so I check with a GM in game and I they confirmed that it was legal to run mutiple clients on one machine for the purposes of administrating my private guild, I.E inviting my alts to the guild etc.

The problem is no matter what i try I cannot get two copies of the game running simultaneously does anyone have any ideas?

Ads
Akira245

Re: Multiple clients

Post#2 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 pm

One would have to be run in a sandbox. There are programs that allow multiple instances of programs to run without each knowing of each other. Like Sandboxie or some other program.

Catweazle

Post#3 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:06 pm

Akira245 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 pm One would have to be run in a sandbox. There are programs that allow multiple instances of programs to run without each knowing of each other. Like Sandboxie or some other program.
That was my assumption but I spent a few hours with sandboxie and I can't seem to get it running I just get

Please close RoRLauncher.exe
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill()
at RoRLauncher.MainWindow.KillProcessByName(String program, Boolean two)

When loading the second client then everthing falls over and crashes.

Tankbeardz

Post#4 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:51 pm

I don't think it would be possible unless they are on separate accounts.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Are there any other people beside your alts in your guild...?

Toshutkidup

Post#6 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Hargrim wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:03 pm Are there any other people beside your alts in your guild...?

I have the same issue. my Guild is just me and my own alts. but I never considered some application that would allow me to use multiple clients on same pc.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Multiboxing is not allowed for any reason.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Catweazle

Post#8 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:12 pm Multiboxing is not allowed for any reason.
Ok thank you, but could you let your GM's know that? Because I'd hate to get banned for doing something after I'd specifically been told it was ok by a GM ingame. Cheers.

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#9 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Just ask in /4 and offer gold to a new guildless player to invite your alts.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Catweazle wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:12 pm Multiboxing is not allowed for any reason.
Ok thank you, but could you let your GM's know that? Because I'd hate to get banned for doing something after I'd specifically been told it was ok by a GM ingame. Cheers.
They know better, which makes me believe something may have been taken out of context, or it wasn't a GM.

Either way, it's been clarified. I don't want anyone to assume there's some gray area when it comes to multiboxing. There is not. It will get you banned without recourse, don't do it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog