Recent Topics

Ads

Launch issues

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
sempthegreat

Launch issues

Post#1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Hey.

I just finished downloading the game, and verifying the art etc. When I launch the game, I get a windowed popup with the sound of the cinematic playing, but everything is black and nothing shows. I also get this error message:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): En oprettet forbindelse blev afbrudt af softwaren på værtscomputeren
ved System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
ved RoRLauncher.Client.k4avtHjZvHLXgkdphSd(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 , SocketFlags , Object , Object )
ved RoRLauncher.Client.BeginReceive()
ved RoRLauncher.Client.nYN3HMwcp0MHFoyEbTY()
ved RoRLauncher.Client.aTeZhtuHK8(Object )

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Launch issues

Post#2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:19 am
SpecialSpectre wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:35 am Error: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Block length does not match with its complement.
I get the exact same error as Zormo But during Verifying ART3 3/8

Download files from here and put them in your WAR folder: https://public.dadummy.net/war/pre2/

You can use the search function as well... plenty of posts and threads on this.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

sempthegreat

Post#3 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Downloaded the two folders I could find, still getting an error. And sorry for not searching the forums, but that just confuses me even more.

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): En oprettet forbindelse blev afbrudt af softwaren på værtscomputeren
ved System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
ved RoRLauncher.Client.k4avtHjZvHLXgkdphSd(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 , SocketFlags , Object , Object )
ved RoRLauncher.Client.BeginReceive()
ved RoRLauncher.Client.nYN3HMwcp0MHFoyEbTY()
ved RoRLauncher.Client.aTeZhtuHK8(Object )

Dabbart

Post#4 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:28 pm

There are 11 files in that link. Did you download ALl of them and place them in the WAR folder?

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

sempthegreat

Post#5 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Yup. Still does the whole manifest/art verification stuff and come up with an error.

bilboj1

Post#6 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:07 am

I got the same error:
"Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not pro after a preiod of time, or establish connection failed because connection failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RoRLauncher.Client.PfXNEEjnB7D7duY9u1n(Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.aTeZhtuHK8(Object )

sempthegreat

Post#7 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 pm

So I've done everything you've told me. Downloaded the files, even redownloading the game. Nothing works, I played like 2 years ago with no issues, what happened? Kinda losing my patience with this.

Dabbart

Post#8 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:23 pm

I don't know what to tell you mate. I just got a new computer 2 days ago, reDLd RoR, installed all the files, followed the instructions and I am playing right now. So unfortunately, the issue is somewhere on your end. Quick Question, you haven't tried to join the Apoc server recently have you? I heard in Disco that is a well known issue for both servers, you can't have them in the same folder...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27103&hilit=

Go to This Thread. The answers have been posted numerous times. But I still think you need to ensure you have every file in the link provided in the War folder. Gl mate.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:28 am

Does the problem still persist or could you fix it reading through the post linked ^above^ ?