Recent Topics

Ads

Game crashes shortly after start

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
systemlord182

Re: Game crashes shortly after start

Post#11 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:35 pm

Same problem followed all the advice i dont use addons at all,game keeps shutting off

Ads
FramkeGuderian

Post#12 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:59 pm

I'm having the same issue. Sound begins glitching, then client crashes to desktop. At least it isn't a BSOD like the old days.

I running Win10 and using the 64-bit client, if that makes a difference.

solit

Post#13 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:36 pm

hi,
got a disconnect evertime i visit a battlefild object or a keep at rvr. also at scenarios.
after 20-30 times, the game run normal. tried a lot (all addons off, hight frame rate, driver update...).
no fun to play at the moment...

Spooby

Post#14 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:15 am

Ok the crashes have stopped for me after i ran it as administrator while in compatability mode, but there is a horrible sound that plays around the time it is meant to crash. I tried muting the game but nothing worked and it even carries on while tabbed out. I also disabled all addons

*Edit - The game is still crashing, but it take 30's now before it was 5's*

kluege

Post#15 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Yes, also having crashing issues. Tried all the fixes listed in thread but it is not working. Oh well, at least I got about 30 minutes of game play before this started happening; but looks like the game is done with me.....

Okertxu

Post#16 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 am

Hello, I have the same problem but only with a character that while loading to enter just goes out, try everything you have said but it does not work. It happened to me in IC.

Sorry for my English.

notre

Post#17 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:53 pm
Kamakhazi wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:22 pm still crashing every five seconds, can anybody offer any suggestions of how to fix this?
Start by disabling your addons. You can do this by renaming your Interface folder to something else and creating a new one that is empty. Then add a couple at a time until you find the culprit.
Hi,
I use addons and never had issues with the client until yesterday after the restart of the server,
same for some friends who got a lot of client shutdowns, in my case the client closes 9 times and one server kick, all just yesterday.
I opened a ticked on the bugtracker, but has been closed due to "is a client issue", when is NOT a client issue for me since i never had issues with the client and i changed nothing since i installed the game some years ago.

Something has changed on the server side (or on the last client update) wich causes random shutdowns or random kicks (char selection).
If you look the server log, you have to see a lot of "timeouts" conections due to that client shutdown.

Have a nice day.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

kluege

Post#18 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:47 am

Can run fine in most areas but when I go into RvR zone or over the first stone bridge in Nosca (like around lvl 3/4 or so) it automatically crashes every time. No problem anywhere else. So, it is definitely something specific to those types of zones that is causing the crashing. It is 100% repeatable. I am only lvl 8 so I have not ventured too far, but it does get frustrating and causes me to log off angry....

Ads
Cagrir

Post#19 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am

Have you tried deleting and re-downloading everything? Sometimes this can do wonders if a file is somehow corrupted.
Translator "Change" for german language

kluege

Post#20 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Cagrir wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am Have you tried deleting and re-downloading everything? Sometimes this can do wonders if a file is somehow corrupted.
I'll have to wait another 5 days to re-download... no thx.