Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher issues, and read only not staying unchecked

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Matheoryon

Launcher issues, and read only not staying unchecked

Post#1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:30 pm

I dont know what or how to describe this much so here it goes. My folder in which I downloaded the game was copied to my desktop, and then I unchecked read only, and it wont stay unchecked, and yes I applied it to subfolders and such, not that there was a choice.

I did both both versions of these steps on the microsoft page, and it made no difference. Here is the page also: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... f51?auth=1

I tried installing anyway and I got this error which I copied to clip board.

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\NavaGatumm\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.ueA0QCj7yybuy0q2FyR(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.vGnnXfjyB4nk0lwBxOJ(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.TqGRu3jiPH43as5fSlh(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.aTeZhtuHK8(Object )

So neighter inheritance or taking full ownership will keep the folder unchecked, is there something I am missing?

Ads