Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Issue - possibly certificate related

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
dolleater

Re: Launcher Issue - possibly certificate related

Post#11 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:41 am

Hiya

It sounds like your system isnt trusting the certificate presented when starting the launcher.

Looking at the launcher, it seemingly only does one connection with SSL (certificate) and that is to:

Code: Select all

https://api.returnofreckoning.com/
What you could is to navigate to the above page and see if it throws a certificate error at you or not. if it does, adding it to your computers trusted certs might help you. For instance, this is how it looks for me (parts of the image in Swedish)
Spoiler:
The page will throw a 403, that is fine/intended. try with a browser that isnt Internet Explorer, since they dont give as much certificate info.
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!

Ads
xvov

Post#12 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:44 am

ror launcher issing for me. RIP ror then

zgolec

Post#13 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:15 am

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:27 pm Day 3 - Had fun playing Hellgate London, however whenever I start the RoR launcher the status is still web=red, server=yellow.

Day 4 - According to this - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28470 all the web migration is done, and I still can't connect to the game. Can someone please take a closer look at the error message I get and translate it please?

Guess I'll research some of the Hellgate graphical bugs and see if I can fix them...
Hellgate|:London <3 too bad they fk up this title...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

dolleater

Post#14 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Also, i saw someone else have this problem from russia, are your perhaps from there aswell?

Ive hard of issues between 'lets encrypt' and certain russians ISPs where they may intercept or manipulate the certificate chain... trying to figure out if that might fit here.

Regardless, have a look at my post and see if there is anything you can do with api.returnofreckoning.com
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik

Skullgrin

Post#15 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:36 pm

dolleater wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:15 pm Also, i saw someone else have this problem from russia, are your perhaps from there aswell?

Nope, not from Russia, I'm from deepest, darkest Wyoming. :P

I didn't have that certificate installed, so I exported it from api.returnofreckoning.com and then added it to my computer via the mmc, with help from google. After a restart the launcher still shows web=red login=yellow. Oh, I also tried updating the root certificates through Add/Remove programs with Update Windows Components.

I really don't think this is on my end though, as I've been playing successfully for the past couple of years with no major issues. It all started when they did the migration right after the 18/09/2018 patch.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

undeadbilly

Post#16 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Same here,tried mmc thing and still red/yellow.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#17 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Had the same problem this morning. I opened my WAR folder and saw the "RoRUpdate" program. I ran it and it downloaded/fixed the problem. Deleted old "desktop icon" of launcher, added new icon of launcher ... and have been played WAR. Took a nap, and I am about to play again.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

undeadbilly

Post#18 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:16 pm

I'm happy for you but my updater doesn't work.stops at 30% and error pops up.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#19 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:25 pm

drmordread wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:06 pm Had the same problem this morning. I opened my WAR folder and saw the "RoRUpdate" program. I ran it and it downloaded/fixed the problem. Deleted old "desktop icon" of launcher, added new icon of launcher ... and have been played WAR. Took a nap, and I am about to play again.

The RoRUpdater is the very first thing I tried, it is what generates the error message that is in my initial post.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

dolleater

Post#20 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Heya, by chance i stumbled upon some notes about the launcher and found that you can add this options.

--SkipSSLValidation
to
--SkipSSLValidation will skip all SSL Validation checks during web requests. This allows the launcher to continue working like normal while the SSL Certificate for the login server is expired.
This sounds like it might help your issue, since it involves ssl/certificates.

There are some different ways to add launch options, but here's the one i usually use:

* Create a shortcut of rorlauncher.exe
* edit it / right-click properties
* Edit the target so it reads (replace with your path)

"D:\_Game\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe" --SkipSSLValidation
hope it helps!
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik