Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Issue - possibly certificate related

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Pill

Re: Launcher Issue - possibly certificate related

Post#21 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Adding an antivirus exclusion worked

maxhayman said kaspersky whitelist is coming soon from them.
Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:01 pm It's false positive.

For windows defender you can do a folder exclusion: https://wiki.nus.edu.sg/display/DA/Add+ ... ity+Center
Exclusion rules for Kaspersky: https://support.kaspersky.com/12160
Iron Rock: <Havok> Garvinhog - BO ll Febreze - Sorc
RoR: <DROW> Pillaging - BG ll Purpl - Sorc ll Fengar - SW ll Elfn - SM

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#22 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:38 pm

dolleater wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:11 pm Heya, by chance i stumbled upon some notes about the launcher and found that you can add this options.

Code: Select all

--SkipSSLValidation
to
--SkipSSLValidation will skip all SSL Validation checks during web requests. This allows the launcher to continue working like normal while the SSL Certificate for the login server is expired.
This sounds like it might help your issue, since it involves ssl/certificates.

There are some different ways to add launch options, but here's the one i usually use:

* Create a shortcut of rorlauncher.exe
* edit it / right-click properties
* Edit the target so it reads (replace with your path)

Code: Select all

"D:\_Game\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe" --SkipSSLValidation
hope it helps!

Tried this with no luck, however I'm going to research adding this command to the xml (??? I think that is where it would go) file to see if it might work there. I'm really running out of ideas tho, I've even tried switching my MAC address in the case of it being blocked somehow. Thought it might be my ISP, but using a VPN would bypass that, and it still doesn't work with that running. I'm also going to look into my antivirus (Avast) to see if that is blocking it somehow, since several others are reporting their AV software not allowing access.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Wuu

Post#23 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:36 pm
dolleater wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:15 pm Also, i saw someone else have this problem from russia, are your perhaps from there aswell?

Nope, not from Russia, I'm from deepest, darkest Wyoming. :P

Same here. Teton County, home of the rich and sky high rent.

Wuu

Post#24 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Pill wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:32 pm Adding an antivirus exclusion worked

maxhayman said kaspersky whitelist is coming soon from them.
Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:01 pm It's false positive.

For windows defender you can do a folder exclusion: https://wiki.nus.edu.sg/display/DA/Add+ ... ity+Center
Exclusion rules for Kaspersky: https://support.kaspersky.com/12160
Windows Defender whitelist did not work for me. Funny thing is, I was up and running from Sunday to Monday. Now I get this message again.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#25 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Dunno what to say to help ;(.

Try use this launcher It solved a guildy issue....

undeadbilly

Post#26 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Nope,launcher,skipssl line in shortcut,disabling antivirus don't work.But thanks anyway.Even tried launcher from GitHub that have SkipSSL and some other things built in,but nothing works.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#27 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Hello,

Certificates have been renewed. Can you please test now?

Thanks,
Max
Max Hayman

Kretschmer

Post#28 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Sadly still not working, same story since dreaded 18 sept day as many above and in other topics. Hope it will be fixed at some point in future. I had no problem like this since t2 was implemented here, not even close to current one :/

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#29 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:10 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm Hello,

Thanks,
Max

Still no luck, even with the certificates renewed.

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:26 pm Dunno what to say to help ;(.

No luck with this launcher either. Additionally, I have done a full system virus scan, installed Spybot and performed an adware scan, rootkit scan, and used their inoculation service to add known bad web addresses to the hosts file. I also double checked the hosts file to insure that api.returnofreckoning.com was not added there somehow. I have also added api.returnofreckoning.com and all RoR game files to the exclusion lists in Avast anti-virus. The launcher still refuses to connect, and the updater still gives the error message outlined in my first post. I also tried to run the launcher on my work computer (a different business account but same ISP) and surprisingly got the same negative result of the launcher being unable to connect.

At this point I think that you may have somehow blocked my ISP on your end (it is Charter/Spectrum) or they are blocking access to the game server (which is doubtful, as I do not us their DNS - I use the google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 addresses - and I have also tried connecting with a VPN), and I won't be able connect until this is resolved. I did however just think of something - is it possible that you are now preventing Win XP machines from connecting? Both of the systems that are blocked are running XP, and as that is the OS the game was originally designed to run on I have always figured that there would be no problems in using it with RoR. This would have to be a recent change tho, as I have always run it successfully on XP before this...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

dolleater

Post#30 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:10 pm
MaxHayman wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm Hello,

Thanks,
Max

Still no luck, even with the certificates renewed.

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:26 pm Dunno what to say to help ;(.

No luck with this launcher either. Additionally, I have done a full system virus scan, installed Spybot and performed an adware scan, rootkit scan, and used their inoculation service to add known bad web addresses to the hosts file. I also double checked the hosts file to insure that api.returnofreckoning.com was not added there somehow. I have also added api.returnofreckoning.com and all RoR game files to the exclusion lists in Avast anti-virus. The launcher still refuses to connect, and the updater still gives the error message outlined in my first post. I also tried to run the launcher on my work computer (a different business account but same ISP) and surprisingly got the same negative result of the launcher being unable to connect.

At this point I think that you may have somehow blocked my ISP on your end (it is Charter/Spectrum) or they are blocking access to the game server (which is doubtful, as I do not us their DNS - I use the google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 addresses - and I have also tried connecting with a VPN), and I won't be able connect until this is resolved. I did however just think of something - is it possible that you are now preventing Win XP machines from connecting? Both of the systems that are blocked are running XP, and as that is the OS the game was originally designed to run on I have always figured that there would be no problems in using it with RoR. This would have to be a recent change tho, as I have always run it successfully on XP before this...
If you are using windows XP, which is a non-maintained operating system, it could be the issue - the simplest way would be to test the launcher from the same network, but from a win 7 and up system.

Is the system windows XP SP3?
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!