Recent Topics

Ads

Error message on first use of RorLauncher

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
roman1

Error message on first use of RorLauncher

Post#1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:33 pm

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'F:\GAMES\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)

Running as admin doesnt fix it.
Got Win7

Solution?

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Error message on first use of RorLauncher

Post#2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:03 pm

I'm horrible at troubleshooting this stuff, but you might try this from the Tech Support sticky found here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889
I'm thinking specifically making sure that all of the files of the game have the read-only attribute removed from them.

"Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!

Unblock the launcher. (right click RoRLauncher.exe -> properties -> click Unblock button)

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges."

Hope it helps! :)
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

TomekHermsgavorden

Post#3 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:23 am

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:03 pm You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges."
This has worked for me, I am running Windows 10 unregistered.

Good luck to others searching the Forum for this problem.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:33 am

You need to remove "read only" on the entire game folder. Right click the game folder > properties > uncheck "read only" > apply to folder and sub folders > OK.

Then run as administrator.