Recent Topics

Ads

[Solved] Stuttering frames

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Ymirok

[Solved] Stuttering frames

Post#1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi, before you say "go read the sticky", I've tried everything in it and nothing helped.

I will try to describe my problem. The framerate is overall fairly unstable, intermittent and seemingly arbitrary dips in framerate happen all the time.

So far, I've tried:

- Changing all kinds of graphics settings. Doesn't help in the slightest and does not seem to be the culprit
- Changing my Radeon settings. Every single parameter has been switched around, with multiple combinations
- Alternating between 32 and 64-bit clients. 64-bit feels a little better but may just be my imagination
- Moving the game directory between different locations
- Enabling permissions for all user groups on my computer for the game's files
- Changing the launcher and client's compability settings

My specs are probably not too important but still, I have a first generation Intel i5 CPU. It sucks and if anything should get the blame, it's that. I got 8 gigs of RAM. My GPU is a Radeon R290X. I have an SSD. I use Windows 10.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me! If you need more specific info, just ask. I really want to play the game with my friends, but this problem is ruining everything.
Last edited by Ymirok on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Stuttering frames

Post#2 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:45 pm

Ymirok wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 pm Hi, before you say "go read the sticky", I've tried everything in it and nothing helped.

I will try to describe my problem. The framerate is overall fairly unstable, intermittent and seemingly arbitrary dips in framerate happen all the time.

So far, I've tried:

- Changing all kinds of graphics settings. Doesn't help in the slightest and does not seem to be the culprit
- Changing my Radeon settings. Every single parameter has been switched around, with multiple combinations
- Alternating between 32 and 64-bit clients. 64-bit feels a little better but may just be my imagination

My specs are probably not too important but still, I have a first generation Intel i5 CPU. It sucks and if anything should get the blame, it's that. I got 8 gigs of RAM. My GPU is a Radeon R290X. I have an SSD. I use Windows 10.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me! If you need more specific info, just ask. I really want to play the game with my friends, but this problem is ruining everything.
its the client. running the game on an 6 core i5 8th gen and a gtx 1070 and no matter how far i turn down the graphics the stutter never stops. dunno if its shader stutter or something else. its always been there and prolly will always be there. the client is badly optimized.

Ymirok

Post#3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:51 pm

saupreusse wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:45 pm
Ymirok wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 pm Hi, before you say "go read the sticky", I've tried everything in it and nothing helped.

So far, I've tried:

its the client. running the game on an 6 core i5 8th gen and a gtx 1070 and no matter how far i turn down the graphics the stutter never stops. dunno if its shader stutter or something else. its always been there and prolly will always be there. the client is badly optimized.
I think you're right. It's strange, my friends say they don't notice it. But maybe they just can't tell? It's like some kind of benign, unintentional form of gaslighting. Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to weigh whether it's worth playing or quitting.

Xergon

Post#4 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:21 pm

So far, I've tried:

Idk if there is much to do about, many ppl suffer from it no matter what gear they got.
Myself running on AMD 8300, 1050, 16gb ddr3, and War on SSD and Win7.
Game most of time running smooth BUT need a lot /reloadui or even hard reset of client, game deals terrible with memory managment, fresh client start taking 1.5gb after 6h it can take 2.5gb and thats when client starts working terrible, instead having stuff loaded in memory should work better but for some reason its opposite :D. I even use CPU soft for unparking cores AND on top of that always set High priority in TaskManager for this game... Still, nothing helps better than fresh client restart.
Sometimes switching profile to Default and back to ur custom also helps.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

xanderous

Post#5 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:49 pm

The stutter is normal, though if your running a monitor lower than 120hrz its more noticeably.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

scatterthewinds

Post#6 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:37 am

by any chance do you have state of the realm or miraclegrow remix addon enabled? Try disabling them both.

Ymirok

Post#7 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:41 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:37 am by any chance do you have state of the realm or miraclegrow remix addon enabled? Try disabling them both.
In my addons folder, it says I have four installed (all by default): BuffHead, LibSlash, RoR_SoR and targetring.

Do I remove the third one?

Also, thanks for all the replies. I'm sad to know that I'll probably be missing out on what appears to be a both friendly and helpful community.

Ymirok

Post#8 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 am

scatterthewinds, I think your suggestion actually worked! I'm not entirely sure yet, but everything is working flawlessly. Barely any stutter. I will play more tomorrow and really verify.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:38 am

Yeah disabling outdated addons also fices your ram problems usually. The little stutter you still experience is unfixable though. But lets be honest - war without stutter isnt war. ^^

Xergon

Post#10 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Ymirok wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 am scatterthewinds, I think your suggestion actually worked! I'm not entirely sure yet, but everything is working flawlessly. Barely any stutter. I will play more tomorrow and really verify.
Yes disabling these addons helps, but also playing w/o them is nightmare.

Also some stutters u will never fix like in Keep Lord fights, whenever u target lord, FPS drops drastically...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube