Recent Topics

Ads

Authentication Failed - Application Will Now Terminate

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Tolen1981

Re: Authentication Failed - Application Will Now Terminate

Post#11 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:21 pm

same issue here too. My login log shows this:

[2020/03/07 22:06:51] MythLogin::LoginClient::HandleVerifyProtocolReply: Received protocol verification reply from server
[2020/03/07 22:06:51] MythLogin::LoginClient::Authenticate: Attempting authentication with session token
[2020/03/07 22:07:07] Active Sockets: Host [0] Client [1]
[2020/03/07 22:07:15] MythLogin::LoginClient::ReportTimeout: Reporting timeout condition for expected reply type: 6
[2020/03/07 22:07:15] MythLogin::LoginClient::HandleAuthSessionTokenReply: Received session auth reply from server
[2020/03/07 22:07:15] MythLogin::LoginClient::HandleAuthSessionTokenReply: Failed to authenticate session. Result: 9
[2020/03/07 22:07:15] œš§: Failed authentication with session token. Result: 4904840
[2020/03/07 22:07:24] Active Sockets: Host [0] Client [1]

Ads
DiMakss

Post#12 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:37 pm

Its is not a antivirus\firewall, both are disabled in wine (i use it to play)

Novantco

Post#13 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:04 pm

Same issue as you folk, I've just downloaded the game for the first time onto my SSD drive and not long after the game loads. That error appears. Game is allowed through firewall, no anti virus being used currently so I am at loss as to what to do.

bluediabloxiii

Post#14 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:34 am

My friend also has this problem, after doing some research it seems like it's been like this for a long time. i hope they can fix it

geezereur

Post#15 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:43 am

Login Server is down atm?

Thurmichael

Post#16 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:13 pm

I would rather not resort to using a VPN when it should work just fine with no issues to begin with. I shouldnt HAVE to be forcedto use a VPN to play a game. I have excluded the RoR.64, the launcher, and the folder with everything in it. The only way i can play the game is if I RANDOMLY connect to the server after restarting several times. I asked for help in the advice chat to see what everyone else has done about the issue, and someone whispered me calling me a f!%#ing idiot.

Novantco

Post#17 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:00 pm

Thurmichael wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:13 pm I would rather not resort to using a VPN when it should work just fine with no issues to begin with. I shouldnt HAVE to be forcedto use a VPN to play a game. I have excluded the RoR.64, the launcher, and the folder with everything in it. The only way i can play the game is if I RANDOMLY connect to the server after restarting several times. I asked for help in the advice chat to see what everyone else has done about the issue, and someone whispered me calling me a f!%#ing idiot.
I know what you mean I'm in the UK, and the only I can play is with a VPN. It's a real PITA.

bigpapigrande

Post#18 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:43 pm

Novantco wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:00 pm
Thurmichael wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:13 pm I would rather not resort to using a VPN when it should work just fine with no issues to begin with. I shouldnt HAVE to be forcedto use a VPN to play a game. I have excluded the RoR.64, the launcher, and the folder with everything in it. The only way i can play the game is if I RANDOMLY connect to the server after restarting several times. I asked for help in the advice chat to see what everyone else has done about the issue, and someone whispered me calling me a f!%#ing idiot.
I know what you mean I'm in the UK, and the only I can play is with a VPN. It's a real PITA.
Im also in the UK can I ask what VPN you use, I tried Hotspot but that didn't seem to work sadly. I did however use the free version but wanted to see if it worked before I put money into it.

Ads
Novantco

Post#19 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 pm

bigpapigrande wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:43 pm
Im also in the UK can I ask what VPN you use, I tried Hotspot but that didn't seem to work sadly. I did however use the free version but wanted to see if it worked before I put money into it.
Yeah it's just the free verson of Hotspot. It's tricky as you sometimes have to spam the login to get it too work. So the game will load but no signing in screen will show. I just press close game then try again. Sometimes it works first time, it is bit annoying but once it's up and running I can play with no issue.

bigpapigrande

Post#20 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:41 pm

Novantco wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 pm
bigpapigrande wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:43 pm

Yeah it's just the free verson of Hotspot. It's tricky as you sometimes have to spam the login to get it too work. So the game will load but no signing in screen will show. I just press close game then try again. Sometimes it works first time, it is bit annoying but once it's up and running I can play with no issue.
Cheer thanks for that, I assume you set it the USA? Such a shame as I used to play this game years ago when the official servers were up, and then years later I now find this is up and they are making new content. Can you tell me on average how many times you have to discount and then connect to finally be able to log into the game?