Help installing the game - 2019 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Technical Support Sticky first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

READ THEM THOROUGHLY.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
varomy

Re: Help installing the game - 2019 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Post#11 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:07 pm

ok so, I haven't seen this article before downloading the game(no one searches on the forum how to download when there is button download)
I downloaded client it took a while but I have good internet speed so no problem, BUT when I launch launcher it checks everything and at the and I am getting this
Spoiler:
Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Попытка установить соединение была безуспешной, т.к. от другого компьютера за требуемое время не получен нужный отклик, или было разорвано уже установленное соединение из-за неверного отклика уже подключенного компьютера
в System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
в RoRLauncher.Client.Xb33qW8eJjbsG8YgnB1(Object , Object )
в RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )
I am Georgian, Russian text there says: trying to set connection was unsuccessful, cause didn't get for needed time right feedback from needed pc, or it was disconnected right connection because of the wrong call from connected pc.
Screenshots
Last edited by varomy on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Acidic

Post#12 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:20 pm

varomy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:07 pm
ok so, I haven't seen this article before downloading the game(no one searches on the forum how to download when there is button download)
I downloaded client it took a while but I have good internet speed so no problem, BUT when I launch launcher it checks everything and at the and I am getting this
Spoiler:
Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Попытка установить соединение была безуспешной, т.к. от другого компьютера за требуемое время не получен нужный отклик, или было разорвано уже установленное соединение из-за неверного отклика уже подключенного компьютера
в System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
в RoRLauncher.Client.Xb33qW8eJjbsG8YgnB1(Object , Object )
в RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )
I am Georgian, Russian text there says: trying to set connection was unsuccessful, cause didn't get for needed time right feedback from needed pc, or it was disconnected right connection because of the wrong call from connected pc
Think would be better to have this as a separate thread, but here is my best suggestions.
A) try running the launcher as admin
B) try run with virus protection software temporary suspended

varomy

Post#13 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Thank u for answer
Think would be better to have this as a separate thread, but here is my best suggestions.
A) it asks me to have admin rights anyway
B)sorry but I don't see how it could help, and I don't have one(any antivirus is bullshit I am no needed person in any way no one wants my pc information for illegal use of my pc I am using cleanner and 1-time check sometimes for malware softs)
Last edited by varomy on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acidic

Post#14 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:43 pm

varomy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 pm
Thank u for answer
A) it asks me to have admin rights anyway
B)sorry but I don't see how it could help, and I don't have one(any antivirus is bullshit I am no needed person in any way no one wants my pc information for illegal use of my pc I am using cleanner and 1-time check sometimes for malware softs)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dKvvF ... KhVmV_VspY
Just trying to guess how u set up your pc, im sure the devs and such have more knowledge of this type of issue . I’m just spouting the obvious ones :)
Last thing maybe worth a try is the directory the game is in, try place the software in directory directly off the root, windows does wired things depending where it is, I use c:\ror\ and don’t get problems
Anyway hope you find a solution

Makali

Post#15 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:28 pm

I bought a new PC today and I am getting the error message "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I saw that direct 9.0c is required but it will not allow me to install it. I have direct x 12, apparently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tyrh

Post#16 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

Here's my submission. Hope it helps people. Thanks for the hard work! <3

Sixu

Post#17 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:54 am

Hey guys

After installation i got this problem.

Any tips?

Acidic

Post#18 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:01 am

That looks like direct x not installed, maybe download and install from the link in the download page
Else try use only 32 bit game as message looks like it trying to run 64 bit game with 32 bit direct x

Ads
Jigawa

Post#19 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Hi all,

I carefully read and followed the instructions of the first post but without success.

I downloaded the game via Torrent, then copied a freshly downloaded laucher, made sure to remove the "read only" on all directories and files. The laucher check my files and start a download but he always stops at the same time, about 3200 files remaining.

So at second atempt, I downloaded an environment from another user on this forum. The number of files to download is 49. But here too, same problem. The download stops at 32 out of 49 files with the following error:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond properly after a certain amount of time or an established connection failed because the connection host did not answer
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive (IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   to RoRLauncher.Client.Xb33qW8eJjbsG8YgnB1 (Object, Object)
   at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm (Object)

Are server-side issues known at this time? Do you have an idea of the exact reason?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jigawa

Post#20 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Jigawa wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Hi all,

I carefully read and followed the instructions of the first post but without success.

I downloaded the game via Torrent, then copied a freshly downloaded laucher, made sure to remove the "read only" on all directories and files. The laucher check my files and start a download but he always stops at the same time, about 3200 files remaining.

So at second atempt, I downloaded an environment from another user on this forum. The number of files to download is 49. But here too, same problem. The download stops at 32 out of 49 files with the following error:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond properly after a certain amount of time or an established connection failed because the connection host did not answer
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive (IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   to RoRLauncher.Client.Xb33qW8eJjbsG8YgnB1 (Object, Object)
   at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm (Object)

Are server-side issues known at this time? Do you have an idea of the exact reason?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Problem solved with VPN.