Help installing the game - 2019 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Technical Support Sticky first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

READ THEM THOROUGHLY.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.

Ads
Berzar

Re: Help installing the game - 2019 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Post#22 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Here is my attempt for the contest. It took me way longer than it should have...

Click here to watch on YouTube
Zarbix - RR83 Bright Wizard / Zarrbix - RR81 Sorcerer /TheZarbix - RR54 Squig Herder

Come watch and join the community!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thezarbix

YouTube: https://bit.ly/2rHL8uw

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#23 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Two days left until this contest ends.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

schokoshake

Post#24 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:22 pm

[/quote]

Problem solved with VPN.
[/quote]

Can you maybe elaborate on how you downloaded the patch via VPN. Im failing at making it work

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:20 am

Contest is closed, but if you're interested in creating install videos using this process, more are always welcome. Reward will be announced in the news section.

Thank you to everyone who participated!
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Felona

Post#26 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:35 am

Hello, i just clic on "install ful game" and nothing else... everything is okay.

In 2019 i think you should forget torrent and files modification ... do this simple.

When i see all the questions about installation problems ... communication is the key and a easy way is still the best way to attract players.

(sorry for my bad english)

thanks you a lot

DuskShadow

Post#27 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:20 pm

Sadly it just keeps trying to download the 170,000 files from the launcher. I already downloaded the client, installed everything, and directx9 though I have windows 7, but the launcher is the only remaining step and its forcing me to do it. Torrent doesnt even lead me to something I can open, oddly enough. I recall the first time I got the game about 5 years ago, it took a long time too, but this is impossible. My characters, and the game, will just have to be lost in the "warp". Thanks, and I hope this works for others. T.T Be well Reckoners!!!
"Protect the innocent/ Punish the wicked"

SadReacts

Post#28 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:15 pm

If it has already been mentioned elsewhere, I apologize.

But, don't be a dummy like me. When you're running the Torrent, you'll need to make sure to close all of those things before running the Launcher. Otherwise you may get an error message that some of the files are already been used elsewhere.

Ads
SadReacts

Post#29 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:17 pm

@DuskShadow,

The Torrent file will not run by itself, you will need software to do it. He makes a good suggestion to use Tixati, and that is what I used also.

iambrandon

Post#30 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:43 pm

Hello

Hope someone can help me here. I am a returning player. The ROR launcher update for almost 2 hours this morning, after the update finally got excited to play again. I open launcher and press connect. It looks like it wants to load, shows black screen like game is opening and then after about 5 seconds I am back the launcher again.

I downloaded latest display driver, downloaded and installed latest C++ package, installed dx 9 and still no luck :( I have windows 10 and tried to run it in compatible mode for windows 7 but still not working. When the launcher connects my screen shows 1920x1080 / 60i and then it switches to 60p, 60i 60p etc and then after 5 - 10 seconds back to launcher.