[2FA] 2 Factor Authentication Setup Guide

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
MaxHayman
Management

[2FA] 2 Factor Authentication Setup Guide

Post#1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 am

Hello,

This is a quick tutorial on how to enable 2 factor authentication (2FA) for your Return of Reckoning account.

What is 2FA/MFA?

1) Ensure you have set your First Name, Last Name and Birthday. Make sure these details are correct, they are hidden from other users and used to verify your account if you ever lose all the details of your 2FA.
Your profile unlocks after 3 posts on the forums. This is partially to ensure you are actually able to post before making a profile edit, and partially to limit bots from adding spam links to their profile.

2) Go to your User Control Panel and click on Two factor Authentication!

3) Add some backup keys (KEEP THESE SOMEWHERE SAFE, PRINT THEM OFF, WRITE THEM ON THE WALLS OF YOUR HOUSE, YOU WILL NEED THESE IF YOU LOSE YOUR AUTHENTICATOR)

4) We recommend using the Google Authenticator App available on iOS and Android (Others should work too)

5) Select OTP and click 'Add new key'

6) Scan the QR code with your Authenticator App and enter the code generated

7) The authenticator is now attached to your account. You should be able to log in to the launcher and be presented with the Autenticator code window.

Success!
Max Hayman

Ads
RuffRyder

Re: [2FA] 2 Factor Authentication Setup Guide

Post#2 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Great HowTo and good new feature, thx.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Quillog

Post#3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 pm

How do I remove 2FA again? Its way too annoying to enter a code every single time. Other sites/programs use a "remember this device" function.
Quilog: Squig Herder | Balver: Shaman | Moragor: Chosen | Drachdon: Marauder | Duzgat: Choppa | Aggerond: Magus | Rodira: Sorceress | Gozug: Black Orc | Lodariel: Disciple of Khain | Whikna: Zealot | Sorelia: Blackguard | Lindriel: Bitch Elf

Xergon

Post#4 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Quillog wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 pm How do I remove 2FA again? Its way too annoying to enter a code every single time. Other sites/programs use a "remember this device" function.
Remove all keys.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Quillog

Post#5 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:37 pm

Thanks.
Quilog: Squig Herder | Balver: Shaman | Moragor: Chosen | Drachdon: Marauder | Duzgat: Choppa | Aggerond: Magus | Rodira: Sorceress | Gozug: Black Orc | Lodariel: Disciple of Khain | Whikna: Zealot | Sorelia: Blackguard | Lindriel: Bitch Elf

toffikx

Post#6 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Thanks, feeling really secure with this tool !

shreyaraina

Post#7 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:33 am

Great Post.Thank You

Rokara

Post#8 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Is this thing still working properly?
until like yesterday it was fine, now i can start WAR w/o 2factor win popping.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#9 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Rokara wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm Is this thing still working properly?
Sometimes it gets temporarily disabled for whatever technical issue that devs detect. It's brought back when the issue is fixed.

zij83

Post#10 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:11 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:06 pm
Rokara wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm Is this thing still working properly?
Sometimes it gets temporarily disabled for whatever technical issue that devs detect. It's brought back when the issue is fixed.
I noticed after the patch yesterday I'm being prompted for 2FA when launching the client sometimes but not all the time. I'm still being prompted all the time on the forums. Should I just remove 2FA and put it back on to see if that fixes it?