Recent Topics

Ads

Installation

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Andypz

Installation

Post#1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:18 am

Hi guys I am trying to install. I downloaded via torrent and the launcher then wanted to reacquire or check 170000 files or something like that.

I left it running all night and its only just ticked 100k... this is a painful install. Am I doing something wrong??

I also tried direct dl too but it was very slow. OH and the log in server is down so the dl has quit....

it better pick up where it left off or I am throwing my keyboard down the stairs!

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Re: Installation

Post#2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:34 am

Depends what it is doing. If its your first time from the torrent and its 'Verifying...' it will save progress. Its basically verifying every file the game has to ensure its not corrupted, this only happens once.

For me it took roughly 20m, but that was on a SSD.
Max Hayman

carlos

Post#3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 am

As long as you followed the steps you should be alright. Many ppl seem to miss step 5 - to stop the torrent and remove the folder from the the downloaded directory.

Also, check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241
Starfkr

Acidic

Post#4 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:41 am

Sounds like you did not put the launcher in the game directory, but not sure.
Here is a video of how the install normally appears, cheese but functional vid

Click here to watch on YouTube

Andypz

Post#5 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks all of you. I have moved it to SSD now for speed...I logged in but couldn't open bags or use V.... relogged and launcher is acquiring a further 500 files..

Oh I deleted the whole lot and started over and followed every word of instructions including unchecking the box which I forgot the first time.

Andypz

Post#6 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks all of you. I have moved it to SSD now for speed...I logged in but couldn't open bags or use V.... relogged and launcher is acquiring a further 500 files..

Oh I deleted the whole lot and started over and followed every word of instructions including unchecking the box which I forgot the first time.