Recent Topics

Ads

Change active display

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
heardstheword

Change active display

Post#1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Is there a way to change which display the game plays on? It keeps sticking to my primary display, unless I change it to windowed mode, but that causes the game to be behind my taskbar. I'm hoping to swap to my secondary display (my smaller monitor) and use my larger monitor for discord/internet/whatever.

Even swapping to window mode, moving it over to my second monitor, and then un-selecting 'show frame' causes the game to snap back to the center of the primary monitor.

Thanks!

Ads
Quillog

Re: Change active display

Post#2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 pm

You could change the main monitor in Windows.
Quilog: Squig Herder | Balver: Shaman | Moragor: Chosen | Drachdon: Marauder | Duzgat: Choppa | Aggerond: Magus | Rodira: Sorceress | Gozug: Black Orc | Lodariel: Disciple of Khain | Whikna: Zealot | Sorelia: Blackguard | Lindriel: Bitch Elf

Nadril21

Post#3 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Quillog wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 pm You could change the main monitor in Windows.

I tinkered around with this before and I think this is the only real solution.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

heardstheword

Post#4 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Quillog wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 pm You could change the main monitor in Windows.
I know this is a solution, but it's an undesired one. Most games I've played allowed me to change monitors (even by dragging a windowed game over and then re-selecting full screen mode).

I leave my larger monitor as my main monitor and use my smaller monitor for games so that I still have access to my desktop icons and whatnot.
But that is my backup plan.

rameden

Post#5 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:35 pm

heardstheword wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:13 pm
I know this is a solution, but it's an undesired one. Most games I've played allowed me to change monitors (even by dragging a windowed game over and then re-selecting full screen mode).

I leave my larger monitor as my main monitor and use my smaller monitor for games so that I still have access to my desktop icons and whatnot.
But that is my backup plan.
Before getting to critical I would try and remember this game came out in 2008 and the devs have essentially rebuilt it from the ground up. Having the ability to swap the active monitor is probably very very low, if even, on this list of things to look into.
Too many alts to count...