Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Norquad

Re: [Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#251 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Yup, i installed whole game just like in tutorial, downloaded torrent, downloaded whole 12gb of torrent content, installed a game, but when clicking launch button game doesnt launch ;( spending about 3 hours trying to figure out whats wrong... no results :(

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#252 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Norquad wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:00 pm Yup, i installed whole game just like in tutorial, downloaded torrent, downloaded whole 12gb of torrent content, installed a game, but when clicking launch button game doesnt launch ;( spending about 3 hours trying to figure out whats wrong... no results :(
Its probably your video card drivers issue then.
make sure you have 32bit drivers installed also and if your GPU is not vulkan capable (old GPU or intel IGP) then follow the troubleshooting section to disable DXVK

Linux Mint is not the best distro when it comes out of box setup for gaming. So you need to really install stuff first to make it usable.
Iirc mint even doesnt have high ulimit for file descriptors, so you might want to disable esync from lutris settings, otherwise it cant open enough file descriptors to run, or raise the ulimit by following your distro wiki
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Norquad

Post#253 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:03 pm

Well, DXVK is already disable in Lutris game options, 32 bit drivers? have no idea how to check this and no idea how to install it... But maybe u wish to look at my log?

norquad@norquad-SATELLITE-L870:~$ lutris
2021-11-23 20:52:01,721: Starting Lutris 0.5.9.1
2021-11-23 20:52:01,880: No cores found
2021-11-23 20:52:04,041: Startup complete
2021-11-23 20:52:04,044: Running X.Org Mesa driver 21.0.3 on AMD TURKS (DRM 2.50.0 / 5.4.0-90-generic, LLVM 12.0.0) (0x6840)
2021-11-23 20:52:04,045: GPU: 1002:6840 1179:FB41 (radeon drivers)
2021-11-23 20:52:12,828: Unable to load libGLX_nvidia.so.0
2021-11-23 20:52:12,829: Unable to locate libGLX_nvidia
Started initial process 18489 from gamemoderun /home/norquad/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.7-11-x86_64/bin/wine /home/norquad/Games/warhammer-online-return-of-reckoning/drive_c/Return_of_Reckoning/RoRLauncher.exe
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
esync: up and running.
wine: configuration in L"/home/norquad/Games/warhammer-online-return-of-reckoning" has been updated.
X Error of failed request: GLXBadFBConfig
Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 0 ()
Serial number of failed request: 231
Current serial number in output stream: 231
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 256)
Exit with return code 256
2021-11-23 20:53:31,010: Game still running (state: running)
2021-11-23 20:53:31,011: Stopping Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (wine)

there is something with shared objectives or something? it is possible that torrent content downloaded wrong/damaged? Wine is also doing something with .NET Framework o.O? and there is something about Nvidia lol i have AMD Radeon xD please help.

And another strange thing, that in Warhammer Rise of Reckoning folder the RoRlauncher.exe WAR.exe WAR-64.exe have a "gear looking" icon and cant just open it same as DXSETUP.exe that came with torrent content.

xpander
Community Management

Post#254 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:21 pm

You dont need to open DXSETUP.exe Lutris installs the needed stuff by default - You don't start *.exe files on linux directly. Lutris takes care of it. You also Launch the game inside lutris or from lutris created shortcut

from the debug log i can see its your GPU drivers that are the issue.
Disabling DXVK from the lutris configurations doesn't work because its forced with winetricks to have launcher workaround. So i suggest to read the troubleshooting part again. you need to remove dll overrides with wine configuration.

Your AMD TURKS gpu doesn't have Vulkan support, so DXVK wont work.

edit: Also in case you dont have 32bit support enabled..im not too familiar with Linux Mint.
Make sure you installed wine for your distro first.

Code: Select all

sudo apt install wine
that should pull all the needed libraries and drivers.

edit2: Since your GPU is pretty ancient you might need to add this environment variable into Lutris conf also (Configure -> System options tab -> Environment variables):
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE with a value 4.5

You can contact me on RoR discord also, if i'm available i can answer there faster.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Tom

Post#255 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:22 pm

Norquad wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:00 pm Yup, i installed whole game just like in tutorial, downloaded torrent, downloaded whole 12gb of torrent content, installed a game, but when clicking launch button game doesnt launch ;( spending about 3 hours trying to figure out whats wrong... no results :(
I had same issue at first when I installed the game on Ubuntu - clicking the launch button did nothing. But after selecting the proprietary Nvidia drivers instead of the Open Source one it was originally set to in the Software & Updates the game launched! Good luck

Norquad

Post#256 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:55 am

Done, followed xpander's instructions and game runs smooth as an witch hunter's bullet trough some greenskin's! Hail to xpander! Dude I owe u a one!

xpander
Community Management

Post#257 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:10 am

Very good!

about the Esync i mentioned before. Its an option in Lutris. Its very much needed for larger battles. Without esync the game can run pretty bad.

So for that, if you check in terminal.

ulimit -Hn and ulimit -Sn commands If both are outputing say 4096 or similar small number, it can be problem (i'm not sure if linux mint has increased those numbers now)

Anyway if those are lower numbers you can do this:

Adding DefaultLimitNOFILE=524288 to both the system.conf and user.conf files found at /etc/systemd will allow Esync to work correctly.

and then Reboot to apply.

It might not be needed though, Most popular Linux Distributions released in the recent years have that limit set to higher by default already.

like on My Arch installation its:

Code: Select all

xpander@archlinux ~ $ ulimit -Sn
xpander@archlinux ~ $ ulimit -Hn
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Norquad

Post#258 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:26 pm

@xpander

Followed your instructions about Esync ive checked it already

norquad@norquad-SATELLITE-L870:~$ ulimit -Sn
norquad@norquad-SATELLITE-L870:~$ ulimit -Hn

...see u in some large battle then ;) thx a lot for your help bro!

Ads
tsavo

Post#259 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:41 am

Works great for Arch, thank you.

TrainInVain

Post#260 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:20 am

Hi sorry if this was covered already. I'm on Fedora 35 and got everything to launch, though web server is red, login server yellow, and connect is greyed out. Log file says, "GnuTLS error: No or insufficient priorities were set."
Tried going through the troubleshooting but its beyond me.