Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Psianh

Re: [Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#281 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:17 pm

I don't think so. I downloaded the torrent file, leaving me with the first image.

I install via Lutris using the Torrent install, grab the RoR.exe download, let it use the default installation location in my C drive, then browse to my Downloads folder and select the Warhammer folder in the first image as it has the WAR.exe file. Lutris runs through its script, it verifies a bunch of files then begins downloading the large amount I mentioned.

Ads
Psianh

Post#282 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:22 pm

xpander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:11 pm
Psianh wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:10 pm
xpander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:21 pm

No, just download the pre-loaded data with either torrent link or direct download link in the first post and use the torrent install variant on the lutris website. Everything is detailed on the first post. Directly downloading without any pre-downloaded data can take quite a lot of time depending how much bandwidth is available.

edit: you can copy paste the contents of the direct download into the current lutris install location of Return of Reckoning also if you dont want to start from the scratch. it should verify the files and download small portion thats missing then.
Hrm, strange. I followed the instructions, copied the torrented folder into the C drive warhammer folder. It verified 6/6 things, then began downloading 154,434 items. Each item is taking about a second to download, but that's still 42 hours to download the entire thing if each file takes 1 second.
Are you starting your Launcher from somewhere else? Something must be messed up there. If you can throw the picture of the directory here would be nice.
should look something like this (i have some other testing files there for reshade and stuff, but the point remains)
Spoiler:
edit: or maybe you installed on a drive that doesnt have permissions for your user? or maybe you are using flatpak version of lutris? that probably could have permission problems also.
I don't think I'm starting the launcher from anywhere else, but who knows at this point :D

I'm downloading the torrent to my Downloads folder (first image), then installing WAR via Lutris Torrent install. I'm grabbing the RoR.exe download, then choosing the default install location in my C drive. After that I select the Warhammer folder in my Downloads directory that contains the WAR.exe file.

It runs the Lutris script, opens the launcher and verifies a bunch of files before downloading the large amount I mentioned.

Here's the link for my directories as they're set up now.
https://imgur.com/a/j2QBP3n

I installed lutris via Yay, so no flatpak. I'm 99% sure I don't have any ownership privs, but again willing to try just about anything :D

xpander
Community Management

Post#283 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:25 pm

Ok by the description of how you installed you did correctly yes. Very strange that its trying to download everything again. Did lutris install script somehow fail with the file copy from the torrent content to the actual install location maybe?
Then again you should be able to fix it with just manually copying the files then. Very strange.
I honestly have no idea. Never experienced such issues with Lutris before and havent seen anyone else struggle with that.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Psianh

Post#284 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:30 pm

Oh well, thanks for taking a look at least! Guess I'll see y'all in a few days :D

Brutalicius

Post#285 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:47 am

Hello,
Is there a solution for my problem?
Let me explain.
I have a last generation PC running Ubuntu.
I have a RYZEN5 and a GTX 3060 and 70 GB of RAM
The installation is ok but I have to disable DXVK for the game to run...
Do you have a solution?
Thanks in advance

xpander
Community Management

Post#286 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:07 pm

Brutalicius wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:47 am Hello,
Is there a solution for my problem?
Let me explain.
I have a last generation PC running Ubuntu.
I have a RYZEN5 and a GTX 3060 and 70 GB of RAM
The installation is ok but I have to disable DXVK for the game to run...
Do you have a solution?
Thanks in advance
Make sure your nvidia drivers are installed and up to date. if you are not using 510+ drivers then switch to older DXVK from the configuration. 1.10.3 requires at least 510+ drivers, ideally 515.xx
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Brutalicius

Post#287 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:12 pm

I am well in 515 however...
I don't understand
I am well in 515 however...
I don't understand
I will try to manipulate it
Thank you for your help

xpander
Community Management

Post#288 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:15 pm

do you have 32bit drivers also installed correctly? this game is 32bit, so maybe this is the problem. withoud DXVK it might use opensource drivers then, but DXVK doesnt work with opensource ones.

Code: Select all

sudo apt install nvidia-515
should also list :i386 packages that get installed. if its not, then probably something wrong with multilib enablement for legacy 32bit stuff
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Brutalicius

Post#289 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:24 pm

I put the client in 32 BIT, the game launches correctly in DXVK
Thanks to you
Last edited by Brutalicius on Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brutalicius

Post#290 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:29 pm

xpander wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:15 pm do you have 32bit drivers also installed correctly? this game is 32bit, so maybe this is the problem. withoud DXVK it might use opensource drivers then, but DXVK doesnt work with opensource ones.

Code: Select all

sudo apt install nvidia-515
should also list :i386 packages that get installed. if its not, then probably something wrong with multilib enablement for legacy 32bit stuff

so to summarize we can't launch the game in 64 bit but in 32 bit with the 515 driver with ubuntu