Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xpander
Community Management

Re: [Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#261 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:46 am

TrainInVain wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:20 am Hi sorry if this was covered already. I'm on Fedora 35 and got everything to launch, though web server is red, login server yellow, and connect is greyed out. Log file says, "GnuTLS error: No or insufficient priorities were set."
Tried going through the troubleshooting but its beyond me.
Its in the first post under troubleshooting.

Install gnutls and 32bit version of this package for your distro or try to disable lutris runtime and enable prefer system libraries from the lutris configuration
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
talindel

Post#262 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:39 am

I reinstalled my manjaro linux and tried to reinstall RoR.
This is not working with the new script version (was working well with the old one).
My graphic card didn't have vulkan support and the new script is crashing when trying to compile vulkan parts.
Can you share the old lutris script so I can see if it's still working or if this is my manjaro who is buggy?

xpander
Community Management

Post#263 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:08 am

talindel wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:39 am I reinstalled my manjaro linux and tried to reinstall RoR.
This is not working with the new script version (was working well with the old one).
My graphic card didn't have vulkan support and the new script is crashing when trying to compile vulkan parts.
Can you share the old lutris script so I can see if it's still working or if this is my manjaro who is buggy?
there is no compiling with that script. So i dont really understand whats the talk about. the script uses winetricks to fetch dxvk from repos and install and that works well without issues on numerous distros i have tested. Script itself crashing in middle of installing sounds like distro is completely messed.

Read the troubleshooting parts on the first post here to disable DXVK (remove the dll overrides), so it will run with openGL instead

Script with the dxvk install removed: https://www.upload.ee/files/13886525/wa ... .json.html

edit: the direct download script is broken on lutris site. I submitted changes to fix it, not sure how long it will take to get accepted. Torrent script works fine.

I Honestly dont know who submitted the direct install script. I removed the RoRInstaller.exe from it and its just downloading RoRlauncher.exe now so the paths will work correctly (when it gets accepted). With the RoRinstaller you could choose different install location that contains spaces and it was broken then and the script never finished.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

rady

Post#264 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:51 pm

Hello! I'm running on arch linux and the only problem I have is no sound. Any tips on how to fix it?

xpander
Community Management

Post#265 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:36 pm

rady wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:51 pm Hello! I'm running on arch linux and the only problem I have is no sound. Any tips on how to fix it?
You have sound in other wine programs? do you have pulseaudio or pipewire installed (lib32 versions also cause the game is 32bit)?

another thing might be audio.myp file. can you tell whats the size of that file?
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

rady

Post#266 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:26 am

I use pipewire and have sound in other wine programs. I have no idea how to check if a game is running on 32 bit. I checked 64bit in the client settings. audio.myp is 1.3 GB.

xpander
Community Management

Post#267 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:03 am

rady wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:26 am I use pipewire and have sound in other wine programs. I have no idea how to check if a game is running on 32 bit. I checked 64bit in the client settings. audio.myp is 1.3 GB.
The game is 32bit. WAR-64 is also 32bit, its wrongly named on the Launcher.
Try with this audio file maybe: https://mega.nz/file/RLAGGYCS#WFdllyNO7 ... RVUtAk4ncU
But if that also doesn't work maybe try launching the game from terminal or use the lutris runner options to enable debugging and click the check log and see if something throws up there.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

rady

Post#268 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:17 am

I was missing lib32-libpulse . Everything is on the wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Wine#Sound. Sorry for wasting your time.
Ris IB
Risx 8Xrr SH (retired)
BO 85rr (retired)

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#269 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:44 am

rady wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:17 am I was missing lib32-libpulse . Everything is on the wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Wine#Sound. Sorry for wasting your time.
No problem. Glad it got solved. Yeah the multilib thing is kinda common problem for old legacy 32bit applications/games. Since Arch is so manual to install, it doesn't come with multilib enabled by default and then installing wine wont pull those files i guess.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

lumpi33

Post#270 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:00 pm

For those that are using linux:

Try using the Liquorix Kernel.

I used to have crashes with the Debian 11 default kernel and DXVK. With Liquorix the crashes are gone.