[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Sarangor

Re: [Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#271 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:57 pm

Can somebody help me with this? Starting the launcher fails right now, this is the log output:

Code: Select all

lutris-wrapper: Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning
Started initial process 273452 from gamemoderun /var/home/XXXX/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-7.2-x86_64/bin/wine /var/home/XXXX/Games/warhammer-online-return-of-reckoning/drive_c/Return_of_Reckoning/RoRLauncher.exe
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
fsync: up and running.
Unknown heap type: #GUlD

Unknown heap type: #Blop

Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
Monitored process exited.
Exit with return code 0
I already tried changing the wineprefix and running `sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0`. I am using Fedora Silverblue. Thanks!

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#272 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:34 am

Sarangor wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:57 pm Can somebody help me with this? Starting the launcher fails right now, this is the log output:

Code: Select all

lutris-wrapper: Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning
Started initial process 273452 from gamemoderun /var/home/XXXX/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-7.2-x86_64/bin/wine /var/home/XXXX/Games/warhammer-online-return-of-reckoning/drive_c/Return_of_Reckoning/RoRLauncher.exe
Start monitoring process.
fsync: up and running.

Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
Monitored process exited.
Exit with return code 0
I already tried changing the wineprefix and running `sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0`. I am using Fedora Silverblue. Thanks!
looks like you didnt install dotnet40 into the prefix. check first post troubleshooting parts.
could be some fedora bug why it didnt install that with the installtion script. is silverblue some kind of weird sandboxed system?
/var/home location surely feels a bit off... flatpak or something?.. maybe some permission problems why it didn't install then.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Sarangor

Post#273 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:34 am

looks like you didnt install dotnet40 into the prefix. check first post troubleshooting parts.
Thanks for your reply, I think I installed it correctly now. When starting the game I get the following error:

The launcher afterwards and crashes briefly after. When restarting it, everything seems to work, the game launches, but with a black screen. GNOME tells me that the game is not responding.

Silverblue is in fact advertised as immutable (not sandboxed I think). That means that certain directories are moved to /var/, I don't know all the details. However, I am not running lutris with flatpak. So far, I did not have problems running games via Lutris, and I'm also not sure.

xpander
Community Management

Post#274 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:47 am

Did you try without DXVK?. intel IGPs can have issues with DXVK. I Dont really know how to help much with that specific distro. All the common things to try are in the troubleshooting parts. but silverblue is a bit of weird one when it comes to packaging all the stuff.

you can enable debug logging from lutris configuration under runner options tab. it should throw more stuff into the show log part then. Maybe it will have some more info whats missing or borken.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Sarangor

Post#275 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:34 am

Sorry for the delayed response. I got it working now, here is what I did:

I first tried to disable DXVK, which did not solve the issue with the game only being a black screen. I also installed it on another laptop running silverblue as well, same issue there, so it seems to be related to the Distro. However, you mentioned flatpak which got me thinking.

Turns out installing via the Lutris flatpak from the flathub-beta repo solves the issue (probably since dependencies are bundled). Anyway, I used the torrent install script from Lutris but with direct download (may 2022 edition) from https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php and also the RoRLauncher.exe that came with it.

Now the game seems to run fine, thanks for your help!

xpander
Community Management

Post#276 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:00 pm

Great to hear. So yeah probably missed some dependecy packages then.
And yeah the direct download one works the same way as the torrent, as its just a pre-downloaded data, just more up to date than the torrent link one.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Psianh

Post#277 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:07 pm

I've got the launcher up and running, and it's downloading individual files pretty quickly, but I left it on all night and it's only 60,000 files downloaded out of 160,000+ files.

I installed briefly on windows the other day without any issues, but returned to linux after just a few days. Is this download speed normal? Should I just leave it running for a few days to install all the files in the launcher?

xpander
Community Management

Post#278 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:21 pm

Psianh wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:07 pm I've got the launcher up and running, and it's downloading individual files pretty quickly, but I left it on all night and it's only 60,000 files downloaded out of 160,000+ files.

I installed briefly on windows the other day without any issues, but returned to linux after just a few days. Is this download speed normal? Should I just leave it running for a few days to install all the files in the launcher?
No, just download the pre-loaded data with either torrent link or direct download link in the first post and use the torrent install variant on the lutris website. Everything is detailed on the first post. Directly downloading without any pre-downloaded data can take quite a lot of time depending how much bandwidth is available.

edit: you can copy paste the contents of the direct download into the current lutris install location of Return of Reckoning also if you dont want to start from the scratch. it should verify the files and download small portion thats missing then.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Psianh

Post#279 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:10 pm

xpander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:21 pm
Psianh wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:07 pm I've got the launcher up and running, and it's downloading individual files pretty quickly, but I left it on all night and it's only 60,000 files downloaded out of 160,000+ files.

No, just download the pre-loaded data with either torrent link or direct download link in the first post and use the torrent install variant on the lutris website. Everything is detailed on the first post. Directly downloading without any pre-downloaded data can take quite a lot of time depending how much bandwidth is available.

edit: you can copy paste the contents of the direct download into the current lutris install location of Return of Reckoning also if you dont want to start from the scratch. it should verify the files and download small portion thats missing then.
Hrm, strange. I followed the instructions, copied the torrented folder into the C drive warhammer folder. It verified 6/6 things, then began downloading 154,434 items. Each item is taking about a second to download, but that's still 42 hours to download the entire thing if each file takes 1 second.

xpander
Community Management

Post#280 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:11 pm

Psianh wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:10 pm
xpander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:21 pm

Hrm, strange. I followed the instructions, copied the torrented folder into the C drive warhammer folder. It verified 6/6 things, then began downloading 154,434 items. Each item is taking about a second to download, but that's still 42 hours to download the entire thing if each file takes 1 second.
Are you starting your Launcher from somewhere else? Something must be messed up there. If you can throw the picture of the directory here would be nice.
should look something like this (i have some other testing files there for reshade and stuff, but the point remains)
Spoiler:
edit: or maybe you installed on a drive that doesnt have permissions for your user? or maybe you are using flatpak version of lutris? that probably could have permission problems also.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos