Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xpander
Community Management

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#141 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:08 pm

hmm that is odd. do you know for sure it runs with DXVK? you can add DXVK_HUD=1 to confirm if DXVK is activated even.

other thing that comes in my mind is maybe your GPU drivers arent good with Depth Capture so try disabling that in vkbasalt.conf
depthCapture = Off

i know what AMD drivers have issues with that.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Hellfireuzu

Post#142 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 pm

xpander wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:08 pm hmm that is odd. do you know for sure it runs with DXVK? you can add DXVK_HUD=1 to confirm if DXVK is activated even.

other thing that comes in my mind is maybe your GPU drivers arent good with Depth Capture so try disabling that in vkbasalt.conf
depthCapture = Off

Thanks for the reply. I can see in the HUD Vulkan 1.2.1. Also I did add the line for depthCapture to the config (no change). Quite curious case tbh.

xpander
Community Management

Post#143 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:57 pm

Hellfireuzu wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 pm
xpander wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:08 pm hmm that is odd. do you know for sure it runs with DXVK? you can add DXVK_HUD=1 to confirm if DXVK is activated even.

depthCapture = Off

Thanks for the reply. I can see in the HUD Vulkan 1.2.1. Also I did add the line for depthCapture to the config (no change). Quite curious case tbh.
Ohh well i have another idea why maybe. Maybe you don't have 32bit version of vkbasalt installed? cause WAR is 32bit game even WAR-64.exe is 32bit. That could explain why it works with vkcube
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Hellfireuzu

Post#144 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:21 pm

xpander wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:57 pm Ohh well i have another idea why maybe. Maybe you don't have 32bit version of vkbasalt installed? cause WAR is 32bit game even WAR-64.exe is 32bit. That could explain why it works with vkcube
Right you are mister! I did not have 32bit vkbasalt installed. Although I have no clue how to enable it now. Probably miss some configuraiton.

xpander
Community Management

Post#145 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:02 pm

Hellfireuzu wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:21 pm
xpander wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:57 pm Ohh well i have another idea why maybe. Maybe you don't have 32bit version of vkbasalt installed? cause WAR is 32bit game even WAR-64.exe is 32bit. That could explain why it works with vkcube
Right you are mister! I did not have 32bit vkbasalt installed. Although I have no clue how to enable it now. Probably miss some configuraiton.
you built it yourself?

Code: Select all

Make sure that PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib32/pkgconfig and --libdir=lib32 are correct for your distro and change them if needed. On Debian based distros you need to replace lib32 with lib/i386-linux-gnu, for example.
i think you need to make sure the 32bit paths just match your distro.

so i think you need to replace --libdir=lib32 with --libdir=lib/i386-linux-gnu when building it, im not sure though, never used it on ubuntu. on Arch Linux lib is for 64bit and lib32 is 32bit stuff.. but some distros do those paths differently
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

phononHYPE

Post#146 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:21 pm

Running Pop! OS 20.10

In the past month my lag, stutters, and crashes have increased to the point where last night I tried a wipe and reinstall of the whole game. This lead to wild graphics as seen in my loggin screen
Spoiler:
and actual game play
Spoiler:
As a side note, being able to take screen shots is an improvement from a problem I've had for about 3-4 months, in which I could not take any screen shot via in-game or base out of game (Print Screen) manner
Spoiler:
So, what do you think happened, how can I potentially fix, and how can I avoid this in the future, if you please. Resources to self-learn are fine as well. Bummed I'll miss the April 1st quest, but all good if I can get things moving again.

Thanks.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

xpander
Community Management

Post#147 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:08 pm

you need to install directx9 to fix that
in lutris you should be able to use winetricks and install d3dx9_34 that is needed to render correctly
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

phononHYPE

Post#148 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Short version: got it and thank you.

Long version: tried doing this through command line and it was tough. Hunting down the .dll and modifying them with winecfg. I'll chock that up to good practice over about 2 hours. Then I did it with Lutris launcher and bam, good to go. Side note, I had played around with my graphics, changing from Integrated to NVididia, and while that worked, my fan jumped to overdrive. Changed back and played a quick SC where I started to lag and just tabbed out and killed WAR process. Sorry folks in that SC, lag, no addons, no key bindings, so, sorry gang.

After thoughts: I assumed the directx9 and d3dx9_34 (and others, I recall installing many more back when I first installed this) were saved either within Wine/Winetricks and kept separate from the Warhammer folder. After all this it appears they are nested in the Warhammer folders, and this makes some sense, as they are helping Wine translate from Windows (duh, me). Just a pain to work out when your antsy to get going on a silly wyvern quest.

Cheers.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Thaodan

Post#149 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:31 am

xpander wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:08 pm you need to install directx9 to fix that
in lutris you should be able to use winetricks and install d3dx9_34 that is needed to render correctly
Direct 3D9 or DXVK as D3D9.

xpander
Community Management

Post#150 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:17 am

Thaodan wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:31 am
xpander wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:08 pm you need to install directx9 to fix that
Direct 3D9 or DXVK as D3D9.
doesn't matter im not talking about d3d9.dll which is the one DXVK replaces
you need the d3dx9_34.dll for this game with DXVK or with wined3d
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos