Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xpander
Community Management

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#91 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm

pixeljuice2019 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:35 am So I use manjaro, wine 5.18 and had a problem where when running the ROR launcher the two server lights were red and orange and the launcher wouldn't update.

I found installing lib32-gnutls fixed this for me and its working fine now.
cheers, thanks for the tip. I thought this is installed by default on manjaro. Adding to first post just in case someone runs into trouble with it
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
latexanul

Post#92 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:54 am

pixeljuice2019 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:35 am So I use manjaro, wine 5.18 and had a problem where when running the ROR launcher the two server lights were red and orange and the launcher wouldn't update.

I found installing lib32-gnutls fixed this for me and its working fine now.
Dude, I've been trying for days! It never occurred to me to try it on a different distro, well, that and I'm kinda lazy too, so I just kept fiddling with wine configs.
Confirmed, for manjaro lib32-gnutls fixes yellow/oragne server lights and gray connect buttons. Cheers

MiffoX

Post#93 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Sharing my experience.
I just installed through lutris on PopOS updated to 20.10.
Graphics was totaly messed up at the character selection screen.No menu items or charachers visible.

I had to use winetricks through the lutris client and install d3dx9_34 for the acutal game to work/render properly.

/cheers

xpander
Community Management

Post#94 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:32 pm

uhm, thats odd. Lutris script should install full directx9, which also includes d3dx9_34
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

phononHYPE

Can't take screen shots

Post#95 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:12 am

Using Pop! OS 20.x (gnome).

Taking a screen shots saves an image of my desktop files, with no background (only B&W checkering). I reset all my settings and still nothing. Trying super screen shot (default Shift+print screen) and when I super key to tab out of game, a heavy cross comes up instead of my normal pointer arrow and I can not select any other windows. Clearing the key bindings in-game, my print screen then results in an all black image saved. Any advice is of course, greatly appreciated.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

xpander
Community Management

Re: Can't take screen shots

Post#96 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:29 am

phononHYPE wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:12 am Using Pop! OS 20.x (gnome).

Taking a screen shots saves an image of my desktop files, with no background (only B&W checkering). I reset all my settings and still nothing. Trying super screen shot (default Shift+print screen) and when I super key to tab out of game, a heavy cross comes up instead of my normal pointer arrow and I can not select any other windows. Clearing the key bindings in-game, my print screen then results in an all black image saved. Any advice is of course, greatly appreciated.
Running with or without DXVK is the first question? Might be some GPU driver issue or WM issue also. Heavy cross that comes up should indicate the screenshot tool wants you to drag the area you want to capture.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

phononHYPE

Re: Can't take screen shots

Post#97 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:43 pm

xpander wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:29 am
phononHYPE wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:12 am Using Pop! OS 20.x (gnome).

Running with or without DXVK is the first question? Might be some GPU driver issue or WM issue also. Heavy cross that comes up should indicate the screenshot tool wants you to drag the area you want to capture.
DXVK is enabled; I figured out the cross and removed it (you were right on the screenshot tool); my drivers are to date. I can screenshot my desktop now, but in-game ones are still blank (grey & white checkered) of my desktop. Pop does use tiling WM, and I'm still reading up on that and seeing what I can do. My 3rd party apps still let me take screenshots, so there is that.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Linuxplayer33

Post#98 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:27 pm

i am on fedora 33 and having issues installing lib32 gnutls. is there any tricks i am missing? also i am new to linux.

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#99 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:36 pm

Linuxplayer33 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:27 pm i am on fedora 33 and having issues installing lib32 gnutls. is there any tricks i am missing? also i am new to linux.
my knowledge with fedora isnt the best. This distro usually isnt very widely used for gaming related stuff
But anyway... i think you need something like that gnutls-3.6.15-1.fc33.i686.rpm
the i686 part i think is the 32bit version of the package.... if not, i suggest consulting fedora wiki or ask in their forums how to get 32bit libgnutls installed
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Linuxplayer33

Post#100 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:48 pm

so apparently i have them installed already, but i guess lutris doesn't see or recognise the file or something. is there a link i am missing in a cfg file? i am scrubbing fedora forms currently. Also if there is a more preferred distro for this game to just work, i can dual boot. i was pointed towards fedora for OBS from a church buddy so i can stream church meetings.