Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
marauder10

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#201 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi, first id like to thank you for making the guide. I've decided to download latest Ubuntu, Wine and Lutrix and follow your guide. At first the game didnt want to run (nothing after clicking connect) but after deleting d3d9 and other listed stuff in wine config it did launch.

My fps and general performance is sadly much worse than under windows, what could can i do about it?

i5, 16gb ram, gtx 970 4gb grafix card.

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#202 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Seems Vulkan didn't work for you for some reason then, if you had to delete the d3d9 files.

you probably need to install nvidia propietary drivers for better perf. My bet is that you are using opensource drivers which are pretty bad for nvidia.

On Ubuntu i think you install them via hardware manager or something.
Also make sure 32bit archidecture support is enabled on your ubuntu
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

marauder10

Post#203 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:47 pm

do i need to recover deleted d3d9 files aswell? currently updating nvidia drivers

dpkg --print-architecture
amd64
x:~$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
i386
this means my 32bit support is ok?

xpander
Community Management

Post#204 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:16 pm

yeah seems 32bit support is there.
you can recover the files yeah if you want to run vulkan.

you can do that by installing dxvk with the lutris winetricks
Spoiler:
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

marauder10

Post#205 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:49 pm

how to install vkbasalt on ubuntu? preferably with terminal commands

xpander
Community Management

Post#206 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:04 pm

marauder10 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:49 pm how to install vkbasalt on ubuntu? preferably with terminal commands
reading this might be helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/c ... correctly/
there are no prebuilt packages for ubuntu afaik, so you need to follow the instructions and build it your own
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#207 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 pm

sudo apt-get install vkbasalt
at least for 21.04

phajnal93

Post#208 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi guys, I already wrote to the YT video of linux installation, but going to post my problem here as well.
I tried to install the game as described in the video. Im using ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I cant install the game with user permission, i have to run lutris with root, but the main issue comes when the files are getting copied to the destination. It does not go further at that point even if every file was copied already.
No error messages from lutris or terminal, it is just hanging at that point before the wine installing and STDOUT window appear.

Any suggestion?

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#209 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:58 pm

phajnal93 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:12 pm Hi guys, I already wrote to the YT video of linux installation, but going to post my problem here as well.
I tried to install the game as described in the video. Im using ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I cant install the game with user permission, i have to run lutris with root, but the main issue comes when the files are getting copied to the destination. It does not go further at that point even if every file was copied already.
No error messages from lutris or terminal, it is just hanging at that point before the wine installing and STDOUT window appear.

Any suggestion?
replied to you on YT but here again:

Don't ever run Lutris with root account, it will mess everything up. If you can't run lutris with your normal user, you should start looking for whats the problem with that. I guess since you ran it with root it allready messed up everything cause it didnt create the prefix into your user folder and copying stuff went weird also. I would first wipe all the lutris and try to see whats wrong with your system permissions, before attempting again.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

marauder10

Post#210 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:54 pm

ive reinstalled ubuntu on new hardware and after installing nvidia drivers and lutris my game doesnt launch at all. it installed succesfully but when i open lutris and click "Play" the button becomes "Stop" then "Play" again. didnt even see launcher for a second.