Recent Topics

Ads

RoR under Linux

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
User avatar
xpander
Posts: 164
Contact:

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#51 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:43 am

skinnyraf wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:15 am
I am running RoR using dxvk. Everything works fine with the exception of the launcher. I applied the exception to use the builtin d3d9 for the launcher, but it is black still.
You using Lutris? hmm maybe its working differently there..have to test.


edit: OK yeah it doesnt work this way on Lutris, but theres another way to do it!

First. Disable DXVK on Lutris. then copy this d3d9.dll into the WAR folder. where you RorLauncher.exe is.
Then go to your winecfg. add WAR-64.exe into it and go into overrides and add d3d9 and mark it as native

In Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/gbLf4UH

*that dll is 32bit DXVKs d3d9.dll, its 32bit cause WAR-64.exe is not actual 64bit executable but large adress aware patched 32bit.

Ads
staticgerbil
Posts: 2

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#52 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:41 am

I tried out the WINEESYNC trick (didn't know that was a thing) tonight on my 9 year old laptop with an Intel HD 3000 and it made a very noticable difference to the performance.
I'm only in the starting area but very playable on "Oooh Shiney!".

Time to get stuck into my Warrior Priest!

sancra
Posts: 105

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#53 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:58 am

xpander wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:49 am
screenshot of the dotnet error would help also
Finally I achieved to repair it by reinstalling from scratch.

User avatar
xpander
Posts: 164
Contact:

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#54 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:50 pm

staticgerbil wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:41 am
I tried out the WINEESYNC trick (didn't know that was a thing) tonight on my 9 year old laptop with an Intel HD 3000 and it made a very noticable difference to the performance.
I'm only in the starting area but very playable on "Oooh Shiney!".

Time to get stuck into my Warrior Priest!
All new installations should have ESYNC enabled by default. I managed to change the script in lutris.
But yeah it makes a huge difference.

skinnyraf
Posts: 12

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#55 » Fri May 08, 2020 3:00 pm

xpander wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:43 am
edit: OK yeah it doesnt work this way on Lutris, but theres another way to do it!
It worked perfectly, thank you.

kurwax
Posts: 2

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#56 » Sat May 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Got this error after trying to relaunch the game. Reinstalled, but it did not start to update. Added the RoRLauncher.exe and the same error occured. Any clue?

https://ibb.co/XyYFcJ9

User avatar
xpander
Posts: 164
Contact:

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#57 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:10 pm

kurwax wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:54 pm
Got this error after trying to relaunch the game. Reinstalled, but it did not start to update. Added the RoRLauncher.exe and the same error occured. Any clue?

https://ibb.co/XyYFcJ9
some windows users get this also that's a weird one.. usually the RoRLauncher.exe replacement helps

edit: check your system-monitor. maybe another RoRLauncher is running or so.

kurwax
Posts: 2

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#58 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:08 am

xpander wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:10 pm
kurwax wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:54 pm
Got this error after trying to relaunch the game. Reinstalled, but it did not start to update. Added the RoRLauncher.exe and the same error occured. Any clue?

https://ibb.co/XyYFcJ9
some windows users get this also that's a weird one.. usually the RoRLauncher.exe replacement helps

edit: check your system-monitor. maybe another RoRLauncher is running or so.
The problem has magically fixed itself it seems. The game is once more running with no problems.

Ads
User avatar
xpander
Posts: 164
Contact:

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#59 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:55 am

First post updated with vkbasalt configuration files.
You can now play the game with even better visuals.

User avatar
phononHYPE
Posts: 197

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#60 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Having to change from Windows 7 to another system, I chose Linux Mint 19.3. I can get it mostly installed through Lutris, but when I try to run it (through their launcher) I get this Wine pop-up, of which I don't know how to interpret. Any help is appreciated.

https://ibb.co/DgJCH6J


Edit: Lutris Log has the following:
Spoiler:
Running /home/mycompname/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.6-2-x86_64/bin/wine /home/mycompname/Games/warhammer-online-return-of-reckoning/prefix/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Return of Reckoning/RoRLauncher.exe
Initial process has started with pid 13540
Game is considered started.
esync: up and running.
wineserver: failed to change priority to SCHED_FIFO/90
Game is considered exited.
Initial process has exited.
All monitored processes have exited.
Exit with returncode 0
I am also open to using just Wine, or other non-Lutris options.
Kaputcha - Dooooooom Diiiiiiiiiva!
Image
Doom Diver doing wot Doom Diver do!


Deleted because of alt-itis
rr67 WE, rr53 BO, rr51 SH, rr48 mara
rr61 BW, rr 48 IB, rr45 WH

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nirv and 7 guests

cron