Stutters/Freezes, have excellent gaming PC

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Spellbound

Stutters/Freezes, have excellent gaming PC

Post#1 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Why is Warhammer causing alot of stutter and freezes? Just rotating the camera it's not smooth at all or turning in a quest for example Scenario completion in Altdorf will freeze the PC for 3 seconds or so.

CPU: 8700k OC 5.0, Nvidia 2080 Super GPU, 16GB 3200mhz, game and Windows on their own SSD/M.2 drive.

I can run everything at high FPS with this rig, Battlefield 1, 5, etc at 144+ FPS. I used to play this game when it was released until the servers went down and didn't experience this kind of low performance.

Any help on what needs to be enabled or disabled to increase the performance.

Ads
Acidic

Re: Stutters/Freezes, have excellent gaming PC

Post#2 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:44 pm

The client is old and poorly optimized is initial problem
Then the way the addons work does not help
Even some of the basic UI is built with addons so they are there and they cause most of the issues.

Suggest that the rig you have should handle the game so look over the post improving frame rates it helps a lot and try /rel in game to clean things out a bit

Spellbound

Post#3 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'll look for the improving frames post, if you get time, can you link it?

Acidic

Post#4 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Spellbound wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:14 pm
Thanks for your reply. I'll look for the improving frames post, if you get time, can you link it?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19867&p=218146&hili ... te#p218146

Caffeine
Legacy RR80

Post#5 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:11 pm

Going to chime in and say that there are ongoing performance issues right now that are relatively new and need to get sorted by devs. As for my write-up on performance that was linked - it's a bit dated at this point and due for a rewrite for 2020. The general rule is: start with a fresh client (no addons) and only add latest available version of addons you can't live without.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

cheepcheep

Post#6 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:30 pm

i had the same issue to fix mine . i right clicked the ror client in windows and went into the combatablity settings it was set to windows 8 and i changed it to windows vista and now game is silk smooth. try that see if it works. im running windows 8. let me know if it works.