Recent Topics

Ads

Stutters/Freezes, have excellent gaming PC

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Spellbound

Stutters/Freezes, have excellent gaming PC

Post#1 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Why is Warhammer causing alot of stutter and freezes? Just rotating the camera it's not smooth at all or turning in a quest for example Scenario completion in Altdorf will freeze the PC for 3 seconds or so.

CPU: 8700k OC 5.0, Nvidia 2080 Super GPU, 16GB 3200mhz, game and Windows on their own SSD/M.2 drive.

I can run everything at high FPS with this rig, Battlefield 1, 5, etc at 144+ FPS. I used to play this game when it was released until the servers went down and didn't experience this kind of low performance.

Any help on what needs to be enabled or disabled to increase the performance.

Ads
Acidic

Re: Stutters/Freezes, have excellent gaming PC

Post#2 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:44 pm

The client is old and poorly optimized is initial problem
Then the way the addons work does not help
Even some of the basic UI is built with addons so they are there and they cause most of the issues.

Suggest that the rig you have should handle the game so look over the post improving frame rates it helps a lot and try /rel in game to clean things out a bit

Spellbound

Post#3 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'll look for the improving frames post, if you get time, can you link it?

Acidic

Post#4 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Spellbound wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:14 pm Thanks for your reply. I'll look for the improving frames post, if you get time, can you link it?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19867&p=218146&hili ... te#p218146

Caffeine

Post#5 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:11 pm

Going to chime in and say that there are ongoing performance issues right now that are relatively new and need to get sorted by devs. As for my write-up on performance that was linked - it's a bit dated at this point and due for a rewrite for 2020. The general rule is: start with a fresh client (no addons) and only add latest available version of addons you can't live without.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

cheepcheep

Post#6 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:30 pm

i had the same issue to fix mine . i right clicked the ror client in windows and went into the combatablity settings it was set to windows 8 and i changed it to windows vista and now game is silk smooth. try that see if it works. im running windows 8. let me know if it works.

wonshot

Post#7 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:12 pm

After the latest hotfix for the easter egg event, i have suddenly started having freezes where every player ingame stands still but i can still move around and people see my model moving. Eventually the game catches up to my new position. Being on discord with other players they can follow my model, see my perform the actions i press while the freeze is ongoing, but i cant see it myself.

I havnt had any windows updates since this hotfix patch, i havnt changed anything in terms of my ingame settings, no addon changes, litterally nothing in terms of my pc or my ror settings have changed for months and ive been able to play fortresses with no effects on, doing /rel once in a while if ive been tapping too much to 2nd monitor, playing with minimum settings for being able to get fluid largescale performance but then suddenly the game is starting to act up, and it happend after one of the Easter hotfixes.

Anyone else experiecing something simular, it is getting frustrating to the point of me debating a break from the game.
Edit: since i started having these issues, ive updated my addons, disabled alot of them, updated video drivers. So I wonder if the new orvr statboard is creating these freezes?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

phononHYPE

Post#8 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Interesting that more people are having this. Similar to Bombling, with everyone but me freezing and after about 30s-1min everything rushes to catch up. But I've had this for months, and just take breaks from the game to let things sort themselves out. Recently did full re-install, which helped a good bit, but things are sliding back. Sometimes the lower part of my screen even glitches, like old 80s-90s bad TV reception. Funny until you wipe on a low level npc that you didn't see wonder up to you.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Opeteh

Post#9 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:33 pm

I would also recommend not to pick up cultivation profession. That thing is very buggy and start the stutters after multiple craftings.
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)

wildwindblows

Post#10 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Spellbound wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:40 pm Why is Warhammer causing alot of stutter and freezes? Just rotating the camera it's not smooth at all or turning in a quest for example Scenario completion in Altdorf will freeze the PC for 3 seconds or so.

CPU: 8700k OC 5.0, Nvidia 2080 Super GPU, 16GB 3200mhz, game and Windows on their own SSD/M.2 drive.

I can run everything at high FPS with this rig, Battlefield 1, 5, etc at 144+ FPS. I used to play this game when it was released until the servers went down and didn't experience this kind of low performance.

Any help on what needs to be enabled or disabled to increase the performance.
Can you try full screen mode instead of windowed? It really worked for me. Also, check the game file and if it is read-only mod, you need to cancel that.