Recent Topics

Ads

Unusually slow download?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Twag124

Unusually slow download?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:42 pm

Decided to check this game out thanks to a random youtube video i saw today and i'm getting like 300 kb a second useing the installer where i normally get somewhere around 20 MB a second when i download stuff. If that's normal that's fine but i was wondering if i should restart the download after resetting my router? Downloading from US i know the server is EU so mayby that's it?

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Unusually slow download?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:50 pm

Don't use the Launcher to download the game - it will take days and if it crashes or you have to restart it for any reason it starts at the beginning again. Use the torrent, it'll only take a few hours.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Twag124

Post#3 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Thanks i'm already like halfway through the install and the download speed picked up a bit but if it does crash for any reason i'll switch to the torrent.

chelyrenee

Post#4 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:47 pm

I used the Torrent. It took an hour.
I opened the folder.
All I seen was Launcher.
I started the launcher.. now I've been waiting 2 hours for the downloading, which is now stuck at 5604/171748files
What the heck happened??

Pherax

Post#5 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:10 pm

if you wanna play nostalgia, you also gotta download nostalgia

also I'm stuck at 868/1138 lol

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:10 am

chelyrenee wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:47 pm I used the Torrent. It took an hour.
I opened the folder.
All I seen was Launcher.
I started the launcher.. now I've been waiting 2 hours for the downloading, which is now stuck at 5604/171748files
What the heck happened??
Download the launcher from this guide, which is also handy if you're going with the torrent route. If you use the launcher included, it's simple the wrong version.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

kenmei071
Suspended

Post#7 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:46 am

I think someone in QA needs to download a fresh game and check out this download speed.

Soullessgent

Post#8 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:50 pm Don't use the Launcher to download the game - it will take days and if it crashes or you have to restart it for any reason it starts at the beginning again. Use the torrent, it'll only take a few hours.
Hey I know this was posted awhile ago, but I’m using the torrent link and I’m only getting around 80kb a second, any ideas how to fix?

Ads