Recent Topics

Ads

No Play, Character Choice Icon...

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Dana
Former Staff

Re: No Play, Character Choice Icon...

Post#11 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:25 pm

ss847859 wrote:How do you ping the 8048? I can ping the IP but when I add the port I get bad parameter.

I have the same issue. I also get this error when launching:

Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM" hm why there is this topic in the forum section you posted?

Maybe to read ... but I don't know.

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... f=4&t=2889
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Ads
Necrophagus

Post#12 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Dana wrote:
ss847859 wrote:How do you ping the 8048? I can ping the IP but when I add the port I get bad parameter.

Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM" hm why there is this topic in the forum section you posted?

I'm having the same problem, and there is no answer for it it the link you have given here. I already did all the things that are written there. And I'm still stuck at the screen without the option to create new characters.

Dana
Former Staff

Post#13 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:21 pm

Spoiler:
Necrophagus wrote:
Dana wrote:

Data.myp:

I'm having the same problem, and there is no answer for it it the link you have given here. I already did all the things that are written there. And I'm still stuck at the screen without the option to create new characters.
That's not the same problem like in the thread posted. He have another problem and that's caused by outdated performance counters.

You should have another error log.

Something like:

Data.myp:
System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Necrophagus

Post#14 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Alright, I'm sorry, I didn't notice the second MUST READ post :P Very sorry, rebuilding the performance counters (or something like this) worked, Thanks :)

ss847859

Post#15 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Dana wrote:

Data.myp:

I read this topic before posting and spent 30 minutes trying to fix the problem before I posted...Could you be specific as to which part I should re-read?

I'm sorry I may not have the same level of computer expertise as you. I do not appreciate the attitude you take with people looking for help.

edit: I found the part which appears to fix the issue for me. Ofcourse the link the developers give you sends you to a website that installs a bunch of garbage programs on your computer...now I'm going to spend an hour uninstalling and fixing my browser settings...Be careful if you have the same issue..

Dana
Former Staff

Post#16 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Spoiler:
ss847859 wrote:
Dana wrote:

Data.myp:

I read this topic before posting and spent 30 minutes trying to fix the problem before I posted...Could you be specific as to which part I should re-read?

I'm sorry I may not have the same level of computer expertise as you. I do not appreciate the attitude you take with people looking for help.

edit: I found the part which appears to fix the issue for me. Ofcourse the link the developers give you sends you to a website that installs a bunch of garbage programs on your computer...now I'm going to spend an hour uninstalling and fixing my browser settings...Be careful if you have the same issue..
Excuse me that I get nerved about the 5th error log posted on the forum today which fix is written down in the sticky. Or in like 10 million other threads.

"Ofcourse the link the developers give you sends you to a website that installs a bunch of garbage programs on your computer...now I'm going to spend an hour uninstalling and fixing my browser settings...Be careful if you have the same issue.."
Spoiler:
1. Step:

The launcher doesn't work! The log contains the following:

Code: Select all

Performance counters need to be rebuilt. Follow the instructions in this topic.

2. Step:

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... ?f=4&t=441

3. Step:

The download link http://j.gs/8211876/performance-counter
Now the question. Where did you download the garbage problems?

Btw here the fully fix.
Spoiler:
If you're getting this line of code in your error log:

Code: Select all

You need to rebuild performance counters.

How to manually rebuild performance counters:

1. Go to start, and type in the search box "cmd". Right click cmd, and run as administrator.

2. Type in the command console, "cd c:\windows\system32", and hit enter.

3. Then type "lodctr /r", and hit enter.

3. It will take a few seconds to perform the command.

Performance counters should be rebuilt. Try loading the game, again.

Like this:
Spoiler:

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

ss847859

Post#17 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:19 pm

The download link sends you to one of those websites that has a bunch of "ads" that looks like the download button and then the down load button is a small button on the top right that says "Skip Ads".

The problem was I read the sticky first and that solved the first two issues I had but then I forgot to go look back at the sticky after I got to the server screen because it was "after launch" and the sticky mostly describes issues with install or the launcher.

Hagberg

Post#18 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:10 pm

[quote="Londo"]The screen you seeing happens when war.exe is not able to connect to lobby server.

You need to make sure the following are true when starting launcher:
1. War.exe is not marked read only, and war.exe is not running (check task manager).
2. Data.myp is not marked read only. (Patcher needs to update this file)
3. Folder where war.exe is in is not read only. (Patcher needs to write to this folder)
4. Your firewall is not denying outgoing connections to port 8048 (try pinging and telneting 178.32.58.46 8048, you should be able to connect).

If war.exe does not get timely response from lobby server, you will see auth error you seeing.[/

Thanks Londo, I will try and check that out first thing tomorrow when I get home!
Starting to get excited that this might fix my problem :-)
-: Oscure :- RR100 Kotbs [Apoztel] -: Pax Mortis :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1WTrUyOAY

-"Man I will stop play online games... Has been a pleasure to play with u... One of the best player in my opinion ... Thx for everything ..."

Ads
Hagberg

Post#19 » Sun May 10, 2015 5:55 pm

Okey, Done all I can now but I still get this error log message:
Computer says wrote:Data.myp:
System.Exception: You need to stop application currently using the following file: data.myp
vid MYPHandler.MYPHandler.WriteFileToArchive(FileInArchive archFile, MemoryStream MS)
vid MYPHandler.MYPHandler.ReplaceFile(FileInArchive archFile, FileStream newFile)
vid RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()
I dont know if there is any program active or any application that uses my Data.myp, out of ideas now what is wrong. Still not 100% able to deactivate the "read only" on Warhammer folder, but when I check individually on all the files (yes I have checked aaaall the files) it doesnt say "read only" on them.

Any great minds out there with more suggestions? Appreciate the help, ALOT!
Hope I havent spammed you too much on the Forum.
-: Oscure :- RR100 Kotbs [Apoztel] -: Pax Mortis :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1WTrUyOAY

-"Man I will stop play online games... Has been a pleasure to play with u... One of the best player in my opinion ... Thx for everything ..."

Leo

Post#20 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:29 am

I got the same problem. I mean i do not get any errors or tablets i just cant connect to the server, i see only first screen with ost like in the beggining of the post and then authenticaon fail error and that is all. I tried almost everything except pinging and telneting issue, cuz i just do not know how to do this. help me plz.