Recent Topics

Ads

Sudden system-wide problem that is effecting RoR

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Ninjerk

Sudden system-wide problem that is effecting RoR

Post#1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:00 pm

So a few minutes ago I logged in to Unity's learning website and had what seemed like a memory leak (website locked up, chrome addons crashing one after another, etc.). I decided to restart my computer as other applications started to show problems, as well. Now, I can't launch Warhammer from the launcher (it tells me it can't find one of the DX9 DLLs even though I was playing earlier today) and another game (a Unity application, ironically) barely makes it through the title screen before crashing when it's time to load the game. I have tried reinstalling DX9 from the same .exe I used before (and to the same place) and I still get an error that it cannot find the proper dll.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this?
Is there some kind of diagnostic I can run to sort this out? This behavior is honestly so sudden and bizarre that I'm not even sure what to search to try to start fixing it.

For what it's worth, I can boot up Pathfinder: Kingmaker and it runs like a dream.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Sudden system-wide problem that is effecting RoR

Post#2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Sounds like a problem with DX9 libraries - I'd suggest redownloading the client through the torrent however unticking WAR so you only download a fresh set of libs. Then replace the folders and try to launch.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ninjerk

Post#3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Kaelang wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm Sounds like a problem with DX9 libraries - I'd suggest redownloading the client through the torrent however unticking WAR so you only download a fresh set of libs. Then replace the folders and try to launch.
So before I did what you suggested, I noticed that in the original torrent folder there were dx9 libs and an installation program. I ran that and it works again, but it's completely forgotten my graphics settings from before and loaded up a different character than the one I last played. I'm grateful but confused.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:59 pm

Ninjerk wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:47 pm
Kaelang wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm Sounds like a problem with DX9 libraries - I'd suggest redownloading the client through the torrent however unticking WAR so you only download a fresh set of libs. Then replace the folders and try to launch.
So before I did what you suggested, I noticed that in the original torrent folder there were dx9 libs and an installation program. I ran that and it works again, but it's completely forgotten my graphics settings from before and loaded up a different character than the one I last played. I'm grateful but confused.
As long as it works now. :)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.