Recent Topics

Ads

Connection Stability in Large ORvR Fights

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Rindali

Connection Stability in Large ORvR Fights

Post#1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Before I whine, just wanted to say that I love that this private server had been brought to my attention; I played this a lot during live and the fact that I can revisit it again thrills me to no end.

Without going into too much detail (and it's POSSIBLE I may have already answered my own question, more on that in a sec), I spent my first night beyond the t1 zones yesterday in Caledor and Chaos Wastes, big, big fighting. Was good times, only I was having fairly frequent crashes (no error messages, just straight CTD).

I tried adjusting various video settings, though I have a very well-endowed computer, so I didn't think it had anything to do with that, and it didn't seem to change the situation.

I noticed, after I was done for the night, that I'd been using the 32-bit client as opposed to the 64-bit one; will that help matters, or is there something else I should be considering?

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Connection Stability in Large ORvR Fights

Post#2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:27 pm

You should use the 64 bit client as it can reduce crashes and improve the stability of your game. The engine wasn't built in the most optimised way, so extremely large RvR fights will always cause some stutters and potential input lag / fps drops. The best option here is to put your skills and abilities to only show for your character, and not others in these situations.

You can also check out this thread on optimising the game to see if this can help you, don't expect a miracle however. :) viewtopic.php?t=19867
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Rindali

Re: Connection Stability in Large ORvR Fights

Post#3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:30 pm

Thanks a ton, I'll do that.