Cant connect using Hotspot

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Paethos28

Cant connect using Hotspot

Post#1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Hello helpful people.

I have no issues connecting using WIFI,

But as soon as I tether to my phone using personal hotspot the connect button is greyed out.

This is problematic as tethering to the phone usually increases the speed and I will be traveling soon(tm)

Any ideas as to why the launcher doesn't like the hot spot?

Many thanks in advance.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Cant connect using Hotspot

Post#2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm

The launcher is currently down, so if you're trying right now - it won't work regardless.

That being said, I've not heard of a launcher purposely refusing a connection based off of whether or not a hotspot is being used.

Can you try using a VPN with either your home connection, or mobile connection, and seeing if it's a case of your mobile network stopping access for whatever reason? I know some mobile networks are strict on access.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Paethos28

Post#3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:59 pm

Hello thanks for your reply,

I can confirm its not just due to the servers being down.

I haven't had an issue using the hot spot to play other games of a similar nature.

What VPN would you suggest? :)

Kaelang

Post#4 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Paethos28 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:59 pm Hello thanks for your reply,

I can confirm its not just due to the servers being down.

I haven't had an issue using the hot spot to play other games of a similar nature.

What VPN would you suggest? :)
I've seen people using Mudfish, ExpressVPN etc. I really don't know what to suggest, it's primarily to test whether or not you can connect via your mobile network through a VPN.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Paethos28

Post#5 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Hey Kaeland,

Using a VPN didnt help :(

Going to have to use mobile hotspot starting monday. Anyone else have an inkling as to why it makes the connect button greyed out?

Kaelang

Post#6 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:56 pm

Paethos28 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:52 pm Hey Kaeland,

Using a VPN didnt help :(

Going to have to use mobile hotspot starting monday. Anyone else have an inkling as to why it makes the connect button greyed out?
Could you ring your phone network and explain you're moving to using your hotspot but can't access certain sites / games and see what they say?

Hogtooth

Post#7 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:46 pm

I play using a hotspot all the time as it's my only option and don't have an issue connecting but that's just using WiFi. I'm East Coast NA so my ping isn't that great either but it's definitely been playable.
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

Paethos28

Post#8 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:56 am

Well that's promising that it works for you, cant understand why that connect button is still greyed out for myself however :/.

Ads
Thorelson

Post#9 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:03 am

This might sound super basic but have you tried restarting your phone? I had the same issue and a restart fixed it! Also potentially try using USB tethering instead of mobile hotspot if you can.

Paethos28

Post#10 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:13 am

I've restarted my phone and tethered network still grey connect button :(
Last edited by Paethos28 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.