Recent Topics

Ads

Latest Patch (Failure to Launch)

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Hoobastank

Latest Patch (Failure to Launch)

Post#1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:54 am

Hi all,

First time posting here, been having a great time recently getting back into this game that I used to play all the time back in ye olde live days. I'd worked out enough of the little bugs and got my UI sorted out for a pretty smooth experience, and was trying out a variety of classes before committing to a main.

Today after reading through the patch notes I logged on, only to find my abilities missing! Naturally, I log out, and sure enough the patch does give a warning of this very thing at the beginning of the notes, relief washes over me, and I attempt to log back in. I am greeted by a black screen, playing the audio from the opening cinematic only. Confused, I hit escape to skip, and... the audio stops, but that's it. The game doesn't crash, but I am now stuck in this dark purgatory between my desktop and the game. The only other thing worth pointing out is that the entire time this was happening I had the default windows cursor, rather than the in-game cursor, present on the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so have you resolved it and how so?

I am running the game on Windows 10, happy to provide more technical details if they are relevant.

Ads
zak68

Re: Latest Patch (Failure to Launch)

Post#2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:08 am

have you tried typing /stuck twice ?

Kaelang

Post#3 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:17 am

Hoobastank wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:54 am Hi all,

First time posting here, been having a great time recently getting back into this game that I used to play all the time back in ye olde live days. I'd worked out enough of the little bugs and got my UI sorted out for a pretty smooth experience, and was trying out a variety of classes before committing to a main.

Today after reading through the patch notes I logged on, only to find my abilities missing! Naturally, I log out, and sure enough the patch does give a warning of this very thing at the beginning of the notes, relief washes over me, and I attempt to log back in. I am greeted by a black screen, playing the audio from the opening cinematic only. Confused, I hit escape to skip, and... the audio stops, but that's it. The game doesn't crash, but I am now stuck in this dark purgatory between my desktop and the game. The only other thing worth pointing out is that the entire time this was happening I had the default windows cursor, rather than the in-game cursor, present on the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so have you resolved it and how so?

I am running the game on Windows 10, happy to provide more technical details if they are relevant.
Also try replacing your audio.myp file in your directory with this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1allES5 ... AL2aA/view
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

LonerInACrowd

Post#4 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:24 pm

I'm having the same issue. Have you managed to resolve this yet?

I haven't logged in for 3 weeks and had no issues before.