Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Loads to black

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Drache64

Launcher Loads to black

Post#1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:12 pm

Played fine for two days, after closing and reopening WAR my software loads to a black screen after clicking "connect". Uninstalled, reinstalled, same issue.

Looking at other threads but they all seem to have different issues.
Last edited by Drache64 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
b4gshot

Re: Launcher Loads to black

Post#2 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:17 pm

There's been lot's of patchy type things going on which has meant server is up and down like a yo-yo, amongst other things.

Probably need a while for everything to settle down but it seems to be getting incrementally better. Dont worry too much until everyone else isn't seeing any issues I reckon.

Kaelang

Post#3 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:33 pm

The server has been up and down a lot recently - does it work now?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Drache64

Post#4 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:59 pm

trying to reinstall from torrent stage and cannot get any seeds.

courtsdad1

Post#5 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:04 pm

Same here. Tried on wife's computer and works fine. Computers are identical. Worked fine earlier. Just goes to black screen with intro trailer playing in background ( usually does that with patch unless I close launcher first) so not quite sure what wrong.

Kaelang

Post#6 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:04 pm

courtsdad1 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:04 pm Same here. Tried on wife's computer and works fine. Computers are identical. Worked fine earlier. Just goes to black screen with intro trailer playing in background ( usually does that with patch unless I close launcher first) so not quite sure what wrong.
Can you move the files from your wife's computer onto yours?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Drache64

Post#7 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:07 pm

I had 0 seeds on the torrent but I recovered the files from my Recycle bin. I see a lot about a "patch" but don't know where to find that. Most people look like they are saying the patch doesn't fix things but might as well get on the same page as everyone else.

Bladeheart

Post#8 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:17 pm

Don't know if this is the exact same issue, but I could not get the game to load correctly with it going to the old server select window, etc.

I now have it working.
Usually I would access the game via the shortcut for the launcher on my desktop.
However, I got it to work by going to the game folder and opening the launcher there.
Since then the shortcut also works fine.

As I said I do not know if this is relevant, but I hope it helps.

Ads
Eisboleas

Post#9 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Same problem here ... any ideas ?
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

Drache64

Post#10 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:09 pm

tried switching to 32bit (which I notice this game runs as 32 bit even when I set it to 64 bit) and I get the following error:

Error starting: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at RoRLauncher.Client.pHWd3BxrtFV6yrgOMS3(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)