Recent Topics

Ads

Trojan in the WAR-64.exe file

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Numaris

Re: Trojan in the WAR-64.exe file

Post#11 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:57 pm

It might not be necessary to completely re-install RoR. All i had to do was unblock RoR launcher on virus protection and then start the Updater. It should re-install the launcher for you. Hope this helps.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#12 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:19 pm

svonludwig wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:49 pm No War wasnt trying to be rude at all. I run a pc that I bought when WAR came out. I had to delete as I needed to do some secure things and didnt have time to figure it out. I have the installer running again. I went through the guide but I am still getting the 171k file download after using the new download offered. Not sure how to go around this as it just starts with the launcher.

Huge fan of the game and the wok you guys do.
Reinstalling the game won't change the false-positives of your AV. The problem isn't within the file, it's your over-zealous AV blocking the access.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Duukar

Post#13 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:37 pm

I'm using Norton 360 and everything is fine. People make fun of me for paying for it, but I trust that it works.

No issues here.

svonludwig

Post#14 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Just reinstalling unfortunately. Im stuck with the launcher requiring 171k files be downloaded off the server despite using the latest March2022 pack.

Abracadingdong

Post#15 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:24 pm

I'm getting a Trojan notification from Bullguard on the RoRUpdater.exe when I try to update. I have allowed the exe's through the firewall. It's the Antivirus that is targeting the exe and blocking it. I have scanned the WAR folder and no issue is found.

Kahvo

Post#16 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Im in the same boat sovonludwig is in. I redownloaded the whole 171k took a whole day then logged in turned my antivirus back on and it deleted everything again....didn't asked it detected a threat and removed it. Been playing years and never had this issue so Im not sure what to do but I redownloading the game again so Maybe I can play this weekend but the download is moving MUCH slower now

zak68

Post#17 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:16 pm

just tell your av to ignore ror folder ; sometimes a reboot is required afterwards.

atomicparrot

Post#18 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:54 pm

I "allowed" all aspects of ROR on my Kaspersky to no avail. Could not update, nor get into game.
I have just turned of Kaspersky, run the updater on Ror, turned on all my protection again and now I can get into game again.
Hope this helps

Ads
Kahvo

Post#19 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:16 pm

This sucks I been downloading for 2 days now. What the hell went wrong to make me AV delete 1 file that mad me redownload the WHOLE game. Last time it didn't take but maybe 30 mins.